Should I quit my job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bigbird said:
I am a commecial pilot, I deserve to get my bills paid every month. I am not looking to get rich here.

You are not "owed" anything just because you invested the time and money into getting your certificates and ratings...

It is like going to the store and buying lemons, water and sugar... and getting it home and expecting it to be lemonade... Well it isn't lemonade until you apply some "work & effort"... Yes you worked to earn the money to buy the ingredients, but yet more is still required...

What I am saying is, you have the ingredients... now YOU still have to do more to make it lemonade...

Oh, and I hate to break it to you... you know that $1.00 cup of coffee you can buy? Well, even after you have your ATP, it still costs $1.00... and even after you have 7,300+ hours, 5 Turbo-Jet Type ratings and 4,000+ hours of Jet time, it still costs $1.00.... and I still need to turn the fan on in the bathroom, if you know what I mean...

No one "owes" you anything, you get what you deserve... If you want more than you are getting, make yourself worth more... It is as simple as that...

Fly Safe!

Whatever! I dont agree with you. Any job you should have some stability, especially if the company can afford it. Whats wrong with a small salary?? They are just raping young pilots. You can work at **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ing McDs and have better benfits. Oh, just because you are a "pilot" means people can take advantage of you?? This isnt paying "dues". I am not asking for a 50k a year salary. I am asking for a 20k a year salary. so I can have a life. If you dont agree with me, than thank God Im not working for you.

Obviously they don't feel you are worth it....

And to be honest, with the attitude you have displayed here, I would have to agree with them...

No one is asking you to whore yourself out (actually quite the opposite) but you seem to think because you are a mighty "Commercial Pilot" that you deserve great things...

Well obviously the people who write your checks disagree...

Maybe you should try to negotiate a better deal, or do more at work then complain... maybe they are hoping you'll go away...

Like someone else said... You are filling a position that isn't even required, a King Air is a single pilot machine... The company is basically doing you a favor to pay you to ride along...

Oh, and if you're looking for "stability"... You are soooo in the WRONG profession....

Hey falcon,

Well said and your next cup of coffee is on me. I guess all pilots with their comm lic should make $20,000 hell lets make it $50,000 after all its not my money and they can afford it. HAHA Welcome to the aviation world bud. Go to MC D's and open that seat for a willing hard working pilot.

It's the law of supply and demand. There are a number of us out there that love to fly and will put up with the uncertainties and other indignites of being a pilot just to get the chance to fly. I'm just starting my second career and believe me....it's not all about just making money. You need to enjoy what you're doing. If you don't think that aviation is satisfying for you then you really need to use that degree of yours and get a real job.......Maybe then after working for a few years you might realize what flying is all about.

Bigbird,

A word of advice: Shut up, keep your job, and be happy you have one.

I agree with everyone else on this board: if you're already dissatisfied after so little time in the right seat, maybe you're not cut out to be a pilot.

Most of us are in this industry because we simply love to fly, no matter what. In today's economy, with so many people out on the street, lots of guys would give their left nut to be where you are. (Sorry girls, I don't know what you would be willing to sacrifice)

Looking at your TT, be happy you climbed into a KA with less than 1000 hrs. Also, plan on scraping the bottom of the aviation barrel for a while longer, since with your time and experience you're not going anywhere fast.

FF

QUIT

Here's what you should do:

1) QUIT IMMEDIATELY!!! Not tomoorow, 5 min from now, but NOW.
2) PM me your employer's information so I can suffer in your place.

I am one of those that would give a nut to have your job. So enjoy it.

Jesus man, I've been thinking that there's no way I'll burn kerosene until I at least have my ATP - let alone at sub-1000 hours. In fact, have your company call me. Duchess...King Air...what's the difference? :p

Jerks like you guys are the reason we suffer. Do engineers get out of college and "pay dues". NO! What about someone with a business degree? NO! What about a trashman that gets hired by the city? NO! They all can make a normal living, have health benifits, make enough to pay their bills, and so forth. You guys just dont get the point. I would give anything for people like you to get the hell out of this industry. YOU people are the reason pilots get abused. There is more to life than just flying.. What fun is it to fly an airplane, but you cant take your girlfriend on a date because you are too poor. Or have to live at your parents house at 30 years old because you make 18,000$ a year.. Why cant a pilot get his or her certificates, build some time for a year or so, then get a job making 40,000$ ??? Come on, these airplanes are worth millions and millions of dollars. The companies are very large. Trust me they can afford to pay us better.

Latest resources

Back