• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I quit my job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I'm trying to point out is that aviation is a very volatile industry. Point taken though.

captjim said:
Hell at 1300 hours I was flying dead bodies around the desert, and living on an indian reservation.

I want to hear more about Jim flying dead bodies around the desert. That must have been "fun" at night, .... single pilot. Jim, you should have been collecting hazardous duty pay for that my friend :)

Falcon Capt- I would say that I'm just a squirrel in this world trying to get a nut, but I guess that won't work anymore:) BTW, may I ask where you are based out of? I know of a company near where I work that has 2 DA-50EX's and 1 DA-900, along w/ about 4-8 citations.

BigBird-Suck it up and stay where you are, be happy. You'll look back in a few years and realize it's a very small part of your career and life. Also, try and make each flight something to learn from. Ask questions from your captain, you never know what you might learn or job you might get by showing interest.

asolo said:
BTW, may I ask where you are based out of? I know of a company near where I work that has 2 DA-50EX's and 1 DA-900, along w/ about 4-8 citations.

We don't have any Citations... used to, but they have been gone for 4 years, we traded in our fleet of Citations for Falcons... and we have a few more than 3 Falcons.. so not the same company you know of...

Deal?

Hey bigbird, my intent is not slam on you..i know how you feel having a degree and not getting the QOL satisfaction from your job. Iv'e spen the last 14 months sitting in a pick up truck watching for "bad guys"...watching sand shift for 13 hours in the great sandbox (just liking sitting right seat w/o accumulating turbine time). I was going crazy!...my friends back home were having it good, they even got jobs right when I got mobilized..one is flying for ACA/RJ f/o one for some operator flying 402's and another upgraded to PIC in a Lr55. I was going places and should have beeen an F/o anywhere, however the military said we need cops and they wouldn't let me go accept that job (yep for the guy that made capt) flying Lr55's as SIC pt91(actually i'll be his Beotch..but twin-tubine time's precious) in socal (i almost passed out-once when he told me about the slot, and second when the military said no). My total time should have read ohh i'd say 1600 by now..but that's not the case. Look I can't help but feel bitter..I got the raw end of la pilot's deal...when my friends were boasting about their first passenger flights I was babysitting a bunch of EPWs from kandahar to x-ray..when they got typed..i got typed too..in a crown victoria police car. hope my story makes you feel more fortunate..if you feel dissatisfied, look beneath your feet. Oh by the way My friend's company is gettinga challenger meaning they'll need Lr f/os.. I'm not qualified for it but if maybe we can swap! i'll gladly take your spot! Hope things work out well for you..happy new year.

Air Charter

Bigbird

Do you work for Air charter out of Lee's Summit, MO?

The guy that runs that operation sounds like your boss.

750driver said:
I want to hear more about Jim flying dead bodies around the desert. That must have been "fun" at night, .... single pilot. Jim, you should have been collecting hazardous duty pay for that my friend :)

yep it sucked!

Latest resources

Back