• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I quit my job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. I understand the frustration of someone that is trying to get ahead in their career and things are not working out as they think they should have, but I don't understand someone getting on a forum of professional pilots and asking a question and then freaking out at the answers/suggestions.

So, I have some more input -

A. It is the WWW and who knows, there might not be a real pilot anywhere on this forum so screw us, huh? (or maybe listen a bit, who knows, you might learn something)
B. Don't ask a question or for advice if you already have your mind made up - why bother?
C. If you feel that way quit your job and try to get another.
D. Falcon Capt. and others gave you some good input, maybe it isn't what you wanted to hear, but sometimes the truth is hard to hear.
E. You still haven't answered my question about how you are logging that "co-pilot" time in the King Air and about how you have helped yourself lately within your company.
F. Get over yourself and grow up... in our flight deptarment with 10 pilots - you wouldn't last a week - the other pilots would eat your un-professionalism alive.
G. At 1500 hours you have a lot to learn, get a job flying PIC with a crappy freight company, if you can, and get out there and be PIC in the worst of the worst for a year, then come back to this forum and let us know what is what - at that time I will listen to you.

See Ya

Last edited:
You guys are brutal...Trust me I get along fine in my work enviorment. I'm well respected and liked by my other pilots and company. That what I use this board for, to let out the frustrations I cant at work. Keep the responses coming.

Jobs

I have right around 1000TT and I got a great job flying, in the military. It pays right around 40K the 1st year and I have FREE benefits for all my family members. I leave 30 APR 03. Just by looking at your posts Big Bird you just seem like another civilian wannabe that didnt have the "right stuff" to fly in the mil.

Bird Brain.....uh I mean Big Bird

I understand you intended this to be about professional ethics. But you have missed the point of everyone else who's taken the time to respond to you.
A) Aviation is a tough career. No one here is ever going to feel soory for you unless you REALLY got shafted and then its only going to be 50/50. EVERYONE has a story so don't think your all alone.
B) The economy sucks. Hard for me or anyone else to feel your pain when I've been out of work for three months and have three kids and a mortgage.
C) You don't have dick for time or experience. Quit your biatching and pay your dues. We all did, albeit some more than others.
D) Be grateful you have a job and if you feel they're taking advantage of you, pound the bricks and find another job. Just don't come 'round here and piss and moan to us about that one or you'll really get flamed for it.
E) Most importantly, don't ever call someone you have never met before an a$$hole!!!!!!!!! Especially in this community, it is very small and we all have very long memories when it comes to this. You just called someone I know and respect by that name which is equivalent to saying it to me. Thats two people who will never employ you, plus probably everyone each of knows (are you seeing how this community thing works yet?)
All that said, I wish you luck finding an employer who values your services and is willing to pay you a fair wage. Yes in a perfect world YOU should be able to EARN enough to pay your bills. But who ever said this was a perfect world.
Now do you feel better? I know I do!

Rice :cool:

Last edited:
Real life is "brutal": deal with it. You called someone (who was trying to give you some advice) an asshole, that's brutal.

I can to some extent see where this guy is coming from. Calling Falcon Capt., who has been on this board since near it's inception and handing out good advice, isn't going to endear him to anyone though.

I work in Investment Management and when first getting out of undergrad, in Financial Services. The salary and benefits provided undergrads coming out of school just blows away what almost any CFI can make. And apparently what alot of FO's in charter operations sometimes make. And people at that age (22-23 or so) are indeed paying their dues, but learning at the same time.

For the amount of effort a pilot has to put it compared to someone else in Accounting or Finance before they get that first job, they are tremendously underpaid (doh!!!). The only reason I can think that is, is simply because we're all very passionaite about flying. Who the hell is passionaite about posting a debit to prepaid expenses?? People can leave for another job so much more easily in other industries and the lower level jobs are usually so un-enjoyable that they do leave after a year or year and half. Typically for more money and a better job elsewhere. How often does a FO leave for a higher paying Captain's position??? Probably never. Unfortunately the low paid FO and sometimes the low paid Captain seems to be ingrained in the culture of this industry. I know that isn't the case everywhere however. It seems that the unions at the regionals are doing their best to put a stop to this (at their part of the industry) but obviously it will take a while.

In sum, I think Bigbird has some good points but needs to think about how he's presenting them to everyone here.

Bigbird,

Relax bro! This board is not for letting out steam at other individuals. All of whom would probably help you out anytime too if they could(probably after an apology). I think if you had mentioned how ridiculous the deal you have is in relation to probably all of your peers in other jobs, etc, everyone would have known where you're coming from (as many of them worked lousy jobs working there way up the ladder). It certainly sounds as if it's not too good for you right now. Just hang in there, send your resume out to regionals or other corporate operators and don't burn any bridges.

Good luck!!

Mr. I.

BIG BIRD,

It really sounds like you will go through MANY jobs flying with "jerks" and "assholez" at the helm, all of them holding you back.

They are all just jealous of your King Air time.

Dont hurt yourself, jackass.

Gulfstream 200 said:
BIG BIRD,

Dont hurt yourself, jackass.

Amen! 1300 hours and complaining about being bored flying a King Air! Unbelieveable! If you're bored go get a job as a single pilot freight dog. If you need money then get a second or third job. A lot of us started during other down cycles and we found ways to make it work. You need a serious attitude adjustment. I could go on for pages but I would just be repeating everybody else.
Get a clue!

Pat

bigbird said:
You guys dont get the point. Falcon Capt, you are the one with the poor attitute. You seem to be very arrogant or maybe you think you're some sort of "big shot" because you are flying a Falcon. Personally I dont care what you or anybody else flies. This is about professional ETHICS. It has nothing to do with being pilots or flying airplanes. I am fighting for peoples rights to make a fair living. Trying to prevent young pilots from being exploited, just because they are a CFI or copilot...Falcon I am sure you would be the biggest asshole to work for. I feel sorry for you copilot.

Well the maturity speaks for itself... I think it is now blatently obvious why this individual is in the position he is in... I'm sure his company is hoping he will go away just as much as the other members on this board are hoping...

Would you hire this guy? :rolleyes:

And Mike, you should never say things that might come back and haunt you, this is a very small community...

And Mike, you should never say things that might come back and haunt you, this is a very small community...

Somewhere, waaay off in the distance, I can hear someone scream, "DOH!" :D

Latest resources

Back