• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I quit my job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Dude".... YES, you SHOULD quit your job... your pi$$ poor attitude will never survive on a professional flight deck... sorry... thems the facts...

Maybe he will learn one day that the world does not revolve around him. Maybe he should get a second job to take his GF out and move out of mommy and daddys(now that is sad). It sure is funny though the rest of us did it just fine and are better for it. I have been on my own since 19 and never had any trouble with the ladies or paying bills. Sure at times it was a struggle, but I sure do appreciate what I have now. Yes doctors, lawyers, pilots etc do graduate from college making little money. It is called getting out of it what you put into it. You dont put anything into it yet you expect everyone to hand you the world. Do us all a favor GET OUT OF AVIATION. I would not be able to fly a rotation with the likes of you. Most likely the company you fly for now has seen this already. They have a cheap gear opperator. Several of us have stated we would never fly for food, yet your ignorant comments are degrading those of us experienced. We are not to blame for what they do to you. Is it not the job you took or does someone twist your arm to stay? Teach them a lesson and leave. That will show them for sure. It goes to show your ignorance, lack of desire for this profession and your need to get out of it. Every job has its ups and downs. Go sling garbage bags and let us all know how good you have it then.

We suffer because pilots as a group tend to love what they do. I doubt that many people would choose to be engineers or businessmen or whatever else if they had to put in the time "paying dues" that we do.

It's a business world out there. Companies don't pay beginning pilots the big bucks to fly multi-million dollar planes because they don't have to. It's as simple as that. As long as there are pilots looking for jobs, employers will pay us what they want to pay us.

Maybe that's not right, and perhaps we're not getting paid an amount that's in line with our training and what we do, but right now that's the way it is. And while trying to improve conditions for ourselves is certainly a worthy cause, you initially came over here asking if you should quit your job because you're bored flying an airplane that typically is well beyond what someone with your low time can get into. So excuse the f*ck out of me for not being sympathetic to your situation.

You're entitled to be bored. You're entitled to be pissed that you can't live on the wage you're getting. But don't start busting our balls because you didn't get the answer from us that you were expecting.

You guys dont get the point. Falcon Capt, you are the one with the poor attitute. You seem to be very arrogant or maybe you think you're some sort of "big shot" because you are flying a Falcon. Personally I dont care what you or anybody else flies. This is about professional ETHICS. It has nothing to do with being pilots or flying airplanes. I am fighting for peoples rights to make a fair living. Trying to prevent young pilots from being exploited, just because they are a CFI or copilot...Falcon I am sure you would be the biggest asshole to work for. I feel sorry for you copilot.

OK guys-

Let's put this subject to rest. Bigbird is obviously an idiot moron that gets his kicks out of p***ing off everyone on this board.

Let's focus on the other 99% that sincerely use this message board for what it was intended.

Be safe,

FF

Traits of a good captain?

Argumentative, combative, reluctance to accept input, poor conflict resolution skills, self absorbed, unwilling to listen, indecisive, no authority or respect, sets bad example, autocratic style, etc...

You may be better off in politics or law. Crusading seems to be one of your interests as well.

Hey, can I have your right seat?

Man, I just have to echo everyone elses responses here. This just isn't the time to be complaining about right seat in anything turbine. You just have to ask yourself, "What is the most I can get out of this job?" High alt. endorsement is a must, they don't grow on trees. If your capt. is a CFI and there's an empty leg, ask if you can do an emer. descent and have him sign you off for high alt. if he's comfortable with it (he may want to do ground as well on high alt. meterology and physiology etc. if he's worth his weight). However you're logging this time, I hope you know the airplane inside and out, because your next interviewer will (should) disect your knowledge on systems, etc. to see if you knew the a/c or were "just sitting there". Just remember, no matter how bad you think you have it, it can always get worse. Good luck!

GET OUT OF FLYING!

A doctor with a fresh MD needs 7 years as a surgical resident before he can go out and get the big money! You think you are owed after flying a King Air for a year??????

Got news for you bud, money ain't gonna make you happy. Best advise I can give you is go out and get a job where you don't have to interact with others, and make a lot of money, then you can go out and buy yourself a King Air and laugh at all us "stupid, selfish" pilots!

bigbird said:
Falcon I am sure you would be the biggest asshole to work for. I feel sorry for you copilot.

Bigbird, just curious have you ever met a captain that wasn't an A$$hole to you. I bet you haven't. Must be a conspiracy from all us captains against sweet, innocent, little you. I bet that's what your mommy tells you anyway

Latest resources

Back