Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new staffing strategy. Ingenious!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I want to ask a rational question. How is it you 9e guys can come on here and brag about buying ANOTHER airline AGAIN? Seriously beating your chest that you are buying airlines, while your airline is 4+ years past your contract negotiations makes you look really bad! I have several friends at PCL and I ask them all the same thing! For real Colgan is a growing, while you guys sit with no orders, no deliveries and no growth in sight!

There is a enemy you should be focusing your hate and anger on and it is not the Mesaba pilots. Follow the lead of the Spirit pilots, step up your pressure for a fair contract and merging PCL and Colgans list! Make them pay your 76 rate for the Q400's so the undercutting stops. If not ask for your cooling off period, it has been long enough guys and gals!

All this arguing with each other about who covers for who is pointless. In the end the reserves get abused and MGT gets a bonus! If flights get cancelled then that pushes PCL to hiring and Mesaba to recalling. We are in this together!

I don't think it's really bragging. At least, I HOPE it's not. Buying Colgan was an ingenious shell game move by management right after receiving a cash bonus from NWA so they could say (truthfully for once) "We don't have the money for that kind of contract." They just leave off the "We already spent it on another airline and airplanes for them."

As for XJ doing our flights.....everyone just needs to calm down and get over it. I flew a MEM-AUS-MEM flight a few months back because an XJ -900 canceled due to MX. I didn't go on an internet forum talking smack about it, though. This stuff happens between us all the time. If you wanna get bent out of shape over something, read the latest company memo.....

As long as the PCL MEC is more concerned about the risk of hurting the feelings of the Colgan MEC than what is good for their own pilot group... there will be no SLI.

As long as the PCL MEC is more concerned about the risk of hurting the feelings of the Colgan MEC than what is good for their own pilot group... there will be no SLI.

Currently the MEC of both 9E and 9L have a very good working relationship. There are no "feelings" in play. How would an SLI right now accomplish anything positive?

If anyone on here thinks the views of all the 9E pilots on here represent all 9E pilots, you are dumb. Just like I don't think the views of every XJ/ASA/Comair pilot on here don't represent every pilot from those airlines.

Somebody said it above. It's management you need to direct your frustration at, not other pilots.

Are you concerned about whipsaw? Currently 9E is working to finish up a contract that contains a parent letter guarding against whipsaw and colgan is working ontheir first deal. We could shelf all that, try and do a single carrier and/or SLI that will take considerable time still with no contract and no protections. Get a 9E contract, get a 9L contract and then evaluate. Stopping the press now for a deal to do an SLI could become catastophic when new RFP's come up next year.

Are you concerned about whipsaw? Currently 9E is working to finish up a contract that contains a parent letter guarding against whipsaw and colgan is working ontheir first deal. We could shelf all that, try and do a single carrier and/or SLI that will take considerable time still with no contract and no protections. Get a 9E contract, get a 9L contract and then evaluate. Stopping the press now for a deal to do an SLI could become catastophic when new RFP's come up next year.

How are you going to stop whipsaw without all brand flying being done by one group? Unless there is brand scope, there will always be "whipsaw".....

Personally I do think colgan and pinnacle need to get to a single list, but first we need to get the basics done in the form of contacts with a strong parent letter and scope. Whipsaw will always exist- whether it's under the same umbrella or simply between two carriers in a peer group. To say "do it right now" when there are no RFP's and no parent letters and cotracts that are beyond overdue or nonexistent would not help either colgan or pinnacle. Get contracts by working together and eventually I see us actually being together. Everyone has their opinions and are more than free to express feelings but both MEC's are working on contracts and I would venture to guess that pilots on both sides want those contracts. Corp has not merged lists and tried to keep alpa off property at colgan, that wasn't for diversity- it's because it's obvious both sides are working together instead of against each other.

Latest resources

Back