Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new staffing strategy. Ingenious!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The parent letter was riddled with so many conditional statements and quid pro quos that a lot of unforeseeable damage could be done to the Pinnacle pilot group without meeting the requirements for SLI.

The prudent action would be to lock it down now, and not wait for conditions to change and then be caught blindsided with a contract that doesn't provide adequate protections to the pilot group.

Scope has already been addressed in TA2. When it's all done (there are 31 sections + parent letter) you are free to tear through it and play devil's advocate. This has always been a concern, and one of the issues that caused the first TA to get shot down was scope and our colgan (shell game) situation.

I'm not a Pinnacle defender.. But the majority of Mesaba subs do not have to do with staffing.

REALLY? What can they be attributed to then??? I look at the cancellation reports on the SOC dashboard everyday, and no more than 1 or 2 can be attributed to WX or MX...ALL the others are staffing due to fatigue calls, legality/rest issues, or just plain running out of reserves, which by the way happened today at 9am

REALLY? What can they be attributed to then??? I look at the cancellation reports on the SOC dashboard everyday, and no more than 1 or 2 can be attributed to WX or MX...ALL the others are staffing due to fatigue calls, legality/rest issues, or just plain running out of reserves, which by the way happened today at 9am

Not true. They didn't burn me until 4 pm, but I was the RR. Which means I got the inevitable "You're the ONLY ONE WE'VE GOT!!!"

I always wonder what the reason is when I see Cancelled on the screens in DTW and MSP. It's never on a line with "Los Angeles" or "Miami" but always "Harrisburg" or "Richmond."

I always wonder what the reason is when I see Cancelled on the screens in DTW and MSP. It's never on a line with "Los Angeles" or "Miami" but always "Harrisburg" or "Richmond."

Well now you know, and knowing is half the battle..."PINNACLE...A REAL AMERICAN HERO!!!!"

Pinnacle should have hired three months ago. At least a couple of classes.

Now it's too late. Should be an interesting summer.

I love how S.L. weekly memo said they are considering hiring a small amount for attrition only. They are extremely short staffed already. Hiring for attrition just maintains the extreme short staffing.

These management clowns are in SO FAR over their heads. This is the worst run anything I have ever seen.

They're terrified of a huge dip in block hours starting in September. Fact is, we're doing a lot of JFK/LGA flying plus ATL/CVG. Doing flying in hub we don't have bases is extremely inefficient. Inefficient pairings means we'll need more pilots to fly them. Can't very well do a DTW-DAY turn if I'm on a DH to JFK to do a JFK-MDT turn can I?

They also said we'd be returning to levels akin to the Spring this Fall. Did the geniuses forget we were already short in the spring? I know I got a JM/extension call at least once every two weeks during the spring. I had 5 comp days BEFORE the summer started.....

I love how S.L. weekly memo said they are considering hiring a small amount for attrition only. They are extremely short staffed already. Hiring for attrition just maintains the extreme short staffing.

These management clowns are in SO FAR over their heads. This is the worst run anything I have ever seen.

I hope your souce is reliable. I have a good friend of mine who has been swimming in the pool for a looong time. Hiring is always good. Wish the economy get better so airlines start hiring and we get more students here.

Latest resources

Back