Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new staffing strategy. Ingenious!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you concerned about whipsaw?
It's more than whipsaw. It's the fact that the CEC is filled with young Colganphytes with their own independent seniority list.

While Pinnacle languishes with stagnation and no real future. The fact that Colgan moved their operations to Memphis is more than enough evidence that we are not just two separate companies under some distant financial umbrella.

The operations are intermixed. We are headed to a ShuPubliAqua model... not an ASA/Skywest model.

The union needs to recognize this... and take some action for once.

It's more than whipsaw. It's the fact that the CEC is filled with young Colganphytes with their own independent seniority list.

While Pinnacle languishes with stagnation and no real future. The fact that Colgan moved their operations to Memphis is more than enough evidence that we are not just two separate companies under some distant financial umbrella.

The operations are intermixed. We are headed to a ShuPubliAqua model... not an ASA/Skywest model.

The union needs to recognize this... and take some action for once.

This was recognized on day 1 of the Colgan purchase by the MEC at the time and still remains a very complex and concerning matter. The parent letter from TA1 should be a good indication that we were aware of this and working to protect our side, while also not hindering the Colgan operation- since we are both in the same umbrella of mgmt and financial resources. The company has continued to say "jets at 9E, props at 9L". That being said, when the company speaks we immediately get concerned when it has the potential for a negative impact. We are not out to screw either side, not out to favor either side, we are out to protect both sides. The company is responsible for getting additional flying, staffing it correctly, and managing resources- you can form your own opinion on how well that's going. Everyone talks of "taking actions at once", what do you think we are trying to do? We go back to the NMB next week and that is the next place to take "action", the company has no need or desire (in their minds) to deal with us beyond memo's unless a stronger hand presses on them. With the events as of late we have DL angry with our performance, the pilots are livid, mgmt is not performing as their shareholders and stakeholders expect, and the NMB seems to be working with the RLA. It hurts to tell a pilot to "wait", but action is exactly what your union is working on. Keep in mind your MEC is your elected leaders that work for you, and do it every single day of the week, even if you don't see it happening before your eyes. If you are angry like the rest I will always ask 2 questions to people who are willing to speak up- have you talked to your rep and what would YOU do. Feel free to call, email, or text anytime. I'm always willing to tell you where we are and where we are planning on going from the UNION's (aka pilot's) inputs and desires.

SEVEN is on his high horse again...incoming!!!!!!!!

If 9E strikes, do you expect 9L to walk also?

I concluded that there are 3 groups of pilots @ 9E.

The first group are the hardcore strike force ready to walk.

Second group are the " I want to cross the line but im not because I dont want to scab my career".

Third group will be the scabs.

But like higney said it wont happen. I believe our union won't let it get that far.

The parent letter was riddled with so many conditional statements and quid pro quos that a lot of unforeseeable damage could be done to the Pinnacle pilot group without meeting the requirements for SLI.

The prudent action would be to lock it down now, and not wait for conditions to change and then be caught blindsided with a contract that doesn't provide adequate protections to the pilot group.

Latest resources

Back