Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new staffing strategy. Ingenious!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

LET MESABA DO IT!

:laugh:

Idiots. They should have hired ages ago! And now we are even more short staffed. Will only get worse as more and more pilots leave to go to places like Emirates, JetBlue, etc. etc. What little money we did have for hiring was blown away to pay off a debt obligation in February. Or it was used to pay bonuses to Phil T and the gang. For what? We got no new flying. No new planes. No net growth. Hey, I'd like a bonus for just showing up to work, too.

This place is gonna fall aprt July/August. Lube up, it's gonna be a rough one. Don't say you weren't warned!

LET MESABA DO IT!

Idiots. They should have hired ages ago! And now we are even more short staffed. Will only get worse as more and more pilots leave to go to places like Emirates, JetBlue, etc. etc. What little money we did have for hiring was blown away to pay off a debt obligation in February. Or it was used to pay bonuses to Phil T and the gang. For what? We got no new flying. No new planes. No net growth. Hey, I'd like a bonus for just showing up to work, too.

This place is gonna fall aprt July/August. Lube up, it's gonna be a rough one. Don't say you weren't warned!

It's not just Pinnacle, we have been covering a LOT of the Freedom flying out of DTW and CVG this month along with the occasional Comair flight as well. And I am sure there probably have been some that other companies covered for us. This is just the Delta way. Unlike Northwest that would just let you cancel and take the penalty. Delta passes the trip around to all the other DCI carriers til they find someone else that can cover the trip. Only if nobody else can do they cancel it.

Shuttle America just did a CLE turn for ASA a few hours ago... ASA crew members were deadheading on both legs.

Mesaba can barely cover its own flying, one 900 down for mx=4 cancellations since we don't have any true spare airplanes, and now we are running into issues from the crazy amount of deadheading crews due to Delta's constant flying/base shifting...we're all screwed and it doesn't appear to be getting better. Kind of makes one wonder, what is the goal here?

In 2009 Fiscal year, Mesaba covered 340 flights for Pinnacle alone. That's almost 1 flight a day for the entire year. In May 2010, we covered 85 Pinnacle flights. It would be nice if the management at Pinnacle could operate the flights at their own airline. What a joke! Maybe Phil knows somethings about to give.

In 2009 Fiscal year, Mesaba covered 340 flights for Pinnacle alone. That's almost 1 flight a day for the entire year. In May 2010, we covered 85 Pinnacle flights. It would be nice if the management at Pinnacle could operate the flights at their own airline. What a joke! Maybe Phil knows somethings about to give.

It would be nice if all the flying was done by one company... mainline.

Fly for a company that owns it's own flights. Until you do stop bitching about who you fly for.

Not a complicated concept.

Tell that wasn't a "my regional is better than yours" piece of insanity...how many pilots do we have on furlough?? How many aircraft have we lost (again, and again)? Now tell me both of those numbers for 9E. So, our management is doing such a better job? Huh, I'd hate to see what worse looks like.

LET MESABA DO IT!

Dude and all others out there. Do you not know what's going on? Skywest, ASA, Pinnacle and the other Delta Connection carrier are in for a surprise come this fall. Actually management already knows this and even though we know there's going to be a reduction in RJ flying it's actually worst then we've been told. They've convienently left the employees out of the loop. Delta plans on a major reduction in flying come this fall for all of us. None of the regionals want to hire cause there's going to be furloughs or leave of absences coming of the worst kind. Don't be surpirised if one or two can't survive. I'd expect acouple of regional takeovers by another to protect their interests. It's going to be an interesting fall and winter.

Latest resources

Back