Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle's new staffing strategy. Ingenious!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude and all others out there. Do you not know what's going on? Skywest, ASA, Pinnacle and the other Delta Connection carrier are in for a surprise come this fall. Actually management already knows this and even though we know there's going to be a reduction in RJ flying it's actually worst then we've been told. They've convienently left the employees out of the loop. Delta plans on a major reduction in flying come this fall for all of us. None of the regionals want to hire cause there's going to be furloughs or leave of absences coming of the worst kind. Don't be surpirised if one or two can't survive. I'd expect acouple of regional takeovers by another to protect their interests. It's going to be an interesting fall and winter.

correct

Dude and all others out there. Do you not know what's going on? Skywest, ASA, Pinnacle and the other Delta Connection carrier are in for a surprise come this fall. Actually management already knows this and even though we know there's going to be a reduction in RJ flying it's actually worst then we've been told. They've convienently left the employees out of the loop. Delta plans on a major reduction in flying come this fall for all of us. None of the regionals want to hire cause there's going to be furloughs or leave of absences coming of the worst kind. Don't be surpirised if one or two can't survive. I'd expect acouple of regional takeovers by another to protect their interests. It's going to be an interesting fall and winter.
You're right. Anyone flying 200's are in for a serious wake-up call.

Our idiot in chief cutting domestic oil production is going to have a significant impact on fuel prices later this summer or early fall.

It's going to be an interesting fall/winter indeed.

Fly for a company that owns it's own flights.
Not a complicated concept.

Just like you did when you flew the lawn dart. Who did you fly that for? Pan Am. Get a clue pal. Delta owns those flights and they own Mesaba. Not a complicated concept. If we are operating a flight a day for 9E for the entire year, that's a problem. Simple as that.

The sky is falling!

I would agree with you on this. But I don't think it will be that bad considering Mesaba losing Saabs and Mesa losing the RJs. Pinnacle has a contract till 2017. Also, Republic's contract is due soon, so you can expect something not very pleasant for the Republic guys. This is just hearsay, just have to wait and find out.

But the regionals not hiring eventhough shortstaffed, makes one wonder.

Yeah, Comair is going to be gone. There's your reduction (duh).

In 2009 Fiscal year, Mesaba covered 340 flights for Pinnacle alone. That's almost 1 flight a day for the entire year. In May 2010, we covered 85 Pinnacle flights. It would be nice if the management at Pinnacle could operate the flights at their own airline. What a joke! Maybe Phil knows somethings about to give.

I happen to know for fact that this is something you just made up.

Latest resources

Back