• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not sure which issue is confidential. I am not a part of that flight department, thankfully. It sounds as if a couple members are formerly with that flight department.

it simply sounds as if this flight department has fallen on hard times, due to poor management.

That should definitely interest anyone interested in a position there. And as I mentioned it will be a very small segment, that they will be interested in.

I was thinking the same thing.

Trust me, I can figure that out. If you really think you can take the crap you read on FI to the bank, maybe it's you that don't have a clue.

So you think everything on here is BS? They are giving 1st hand knowledge of issues at AT&T. If you can't comprehend that and see that flight department has issues, well, that is solely your problem. I think it's good info. Just because you might not what is being said, doesn't make it false. Adios, and thanks for joining in. :p

GD is not a happy camper right now. His hand chosen Flight Attendant Supervisor just missed her trip with the CEO. Just flat out no showed, but smoothed everything over with a myriad of excuses. Now she is requiring her minions to re-read the rules to insure there are no further screw ups. He has a lot riding on this, coupled with his recent screw ups, all of which were explained away with his excuses. Maybe they should bring back the Morristown CP, Burns. He knew what he was doing.

Last edited:
This has been an interesting thread...

And at the end of the day, it really underscores what happens in these super-massive corporate flight departments that essentially have no oversight or interaction by CEO's. And are left to the troops under the hangar roof.

As opposed to a CEO (who is writing the checks by the way) who gets somewhat involved other than just getting on and getting off...

Gezz, if even half the stories in this thread are true, my family wouldn't be getting on those planes....can't imagine a CEO would send his loved ones out either....

Classic corporate disfunction.

Pretty sad....

You are right! I always say that a flight department is an island. You are the same as the people on the mainland, you can see them over there, you are governed by the same laws. Except the governer of your island is a despot, nobody from the mainland checks up on what he or she is doing out on that island. The mainlanders come to your island for vacation and leave happy, they don't have a clue how bad life there can be. There are certainly exceptions, but I think there are very few...

Good analogy. It seems to be caused by the number of egomaniacal control freaks that are attracted to aviation.

The problem is GD's ego is writing checks his body can't cash. Poor skills all around. Poor piloting, poor managerial, poor communication. Simply poor.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back