• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is GD's ego is writing checks his body can't cash. Poor skills all around. Poor piloting, poor managerial, poor communication. Simply poor.

Nator is a giant do u ch e. Most of the indigenous SBC people can't fly for sh*t. Slats, Heyyyyyy, and CM1 are walking incompetence. It is totally shocking to me they still have a job.

The primary exception for native SBC pilots being clueless dumbarses is Mark W. That guy has more hours inverted (aerobatic pilot) than anyone else in the department has upright, and he is a TRULY GOOD PERSON. I really love that man. I guarantee you nobody can say a bad thing about him, and his son, Chris, is also a great guy.

Nator is a moron. When I ran into him at FSI last year I took the high road and was polite, but I should have kicked him in the nuts on behalf of CRJCA and Rumrunner.......

Jacka**.... If he gets fired I won't cry. He is an idiot.

Last edited:
So let me see if I've got this straight:
None of them can fly worth a sh*t (except for the aerobatic guy.)
Aerobatic pilots are better than the rest.
Morons and Jacka**es run rampant at the operation in question.
You want to have a sexual relationship with Mark W.
Does that about cover it?
Bashing people on the internet is weak.
This thread needs to be black-holed.

So let me see if I've got this straight:
None of them can fly worth a sh*t (except for the aerobatic guy.)
Aerobatic pilots are better than the rest.
Morons and Jacka**es run rampant at the operation in question.
You want to have a sexual relationship with Mark W.
Does that about cover it?
Bashing people on the internet is weak.
This thread needs to be black-holed.

This post is nonsensical. Sexual relationship? Come on. The guy he refers to is a solid pilot and a class act. People have referred to this thread as "bashing" when in reality pilots with first hand knowledge have been trying to give advice to many people contemplating applying to this company. Nothing I have read here seems to be grossly erroneous. I agree with everything LegacyDriver said except the part about the acrobatic pilot's son. He's a tool. Oh, and the part about GD being a ****************************** and the reason I am not employed there anymore. That (as far as I know) was all GP's doing. The fact is that department is struggling and has lost a ton of talent and the OP was asking why.

People have referred to this thread as "bashing" when in reality pilots with first hand knowledge have been trying to give advice to many people contemplating applying to this company.

Exactly. Perhaps nothing said here will matter to anyone applying and that's fine. The place isn't all bad and it has potential to be great someday. Also, as I have said repeatedly, there are a lot of good folks there. But the history of questionable management decisions (particularly in the hiring and furloughing realm) should give any potential applicant a moment's pause.

Nothing I have read here seems to be grossly erroneous. I agree with everything LegacyDriver said except the part about the acrobatic pilot's son. He's a tool. Oh, and the part about GD being a ******** and the reason I am not employed there anymore. That (as far as I know) was all GP's doing. The fact is that department is struggling and has lost a ton of talent and the OP was asking why.

I won't go so far as to say he is the reason--or the primary decider on who was kept and who wasn't--but I can't imagine Nator didn't have something to do with it. I am sure you know something I don't, and the Pope probably had the final say, but Nator had to have had some input.

Bottom line: The way you guys were handled was wrong.

I guess the point has been made as to why people are leaving and so forth. I don't want anyone to get an undeserved bad rap. There are a number of really nice, competent, upstanding folks at T from my view. I continue to wish them well and hope things get better for them in every area, but it is a far different place now than it was before the move, that much is certain.

Last edited:
Well said. Indeed there are some fine people there, and I too hope they turn it around and make the place what it once was. Oh and the remark about the acrobatic pilot's son was a bit out of line on my part. Retracted. Thats the problem with late night fatigue typing. Apologies to all on the board! Oh, and good luck to those that are considering or will consider a job with them. One man's junk is another man's treasure right?

Takes a lot of character to publicly call oneself out, even when not entirely necessary. You have always had extreme integrity, CRJ. Kudos, you kook. :)

I get rental cars everywhere I go, and that is at the direct request of the owner. I dot thing anyone has ever shut down because of rental cars.

From a review of old posts on ***************, you guys (LD) have been bashing AT&T since 2008. Now c'mon, don't you think things may have changed?

From a review of old posts on ***************, you guys (LD) have been bashing AT&T since 2008. Now c'mon, don't you think things may have changed?

They have changed. For the worse. That from my friends still there and those who have left recently.

The place is a zoo. CRJ used the term "funny farm" and that fits. Until Pope and NATOR are gone, and replaced with guys who understand leadership (DS springs to mind), I expect no changes in a positive manner.

Latest resources

Back