• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Why is AT&T losing its pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The morristown dept is not the dept we are discussing. That's was clarified much earlier in the thread. To help connect the dots for someone, SWBell, SBC, AT&T . Along the way they swallowed PAC Bell, Ameritech, and Morristown AT&T. Pretty sure the only guys to stick were a few Ameitech pilots. Morristown AT&T was completely dismantled save 2 pilots that were axed with the others

One was a well known evil, extremely poor woman well known in the northeast. CF

Last edited:
2 pilots that were axed with the others

One was a well known evil, extremely poor woman well known in the northeast. CF

She was called "CFIT" with the emphasis on "fit" (i.e. hissy fit, tantrum, etc.). It was appropriate.

She bus threw one of the guys big time. He's an excellent pilot and all around good guy, too... Poor dude initially got the chop by DY before the Dallas move (no doubt because of CFIT causing CRM problems...then dragging his name through the mud UNFAIRLY....and of course DY not having enough sense to see through the BS) but managed to stay on when one of the guys senior said, "No thanks" to the move. I think everyone was relieved that a good guy didn't get hosed.

Of all the people DY cut the only two that I can think of who earned it were Digits and CFIT.

Last edited:
This has been an interesting thread...

And at the end of the day, it really underscores what happens in these super-massive corporate flight departments that essentially have no oversight or interaction by CEO's. And are left to the troops under the hangar roof.

As opposed to a CEO (who is writing the checks by the way) who gets somewhat involved other than just getting on and getting off...

Gezz, if even half the stories in this thread are true, my family wouldn't be getting on those planes....can't imagine a CEO would send his loved ones out either....

Classic corporate disfunction.

Pretty sad....

This has been an interesting thread...

And at the end of the day, it really underscores what happens in these super-massive corporate flight departments that essentially have no oversight or interaction by CEO's. And are left to the troops under the hangar roof.

It also shows what happens when the leadership under the hangar roof is either immoral, inept, detached, stagnant, or any combination of the above.

The bottom line is that good leadership requires people to do what is right for their superiors *and* their subordinates.

- Lead by example.
- Be a good steward of resources.
- Solicit input from others.
- Be willing to accept new ideas.
- Don't be afraid to admit mistakes and work hard to correct them.

There was a HUGE lack of these traits there, and unfortunately, a lot of people suffered for it.

It also shows what happens when the leadership under the hangar roof is either immoral, inept, detached, stagnant, or any combination of the above.

Agreed....

You hire that type, that's what you get...

It's all about the hire! A lousy hire at the top of the hangar-heap will result in the same as it rolls down hill....

I'm kind of bothered by the amount of what seems to me to be confidential issues being discussed. We are all interested but this isn't doing any good venting your issues with your FD on this board.

I'm not sure which issue is confidential. I am not a part of that flight department, thankfully. It sounds as if a couple members are formerly with that flight department.

it simply sounds as if this flight department has fallen on hard times, due to poor management.

That should definitely interest anyone interested in a position there. And as I mentioned it will be a very small segment, that they will be interested in.

Latest resources

Back