• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Music, another word of advice to all. Keep the jumpseat chatter to a minimum, there are a lot sound bites from jumpseat rides that are spread around as expectations towards entitlement. It is just easier to keep the yap shut.

What would prevent a USair/AWA situation if it goes to arbitration? SWAPA can keep their contract, Airtran can keep theirs, and still have their seniority. I'm sure Gary wouldn't like that, but can he stop it?

Music, another word of advice to all. Keep the jumpseat chatter to a minimum, there are a lot sound bites from jumpseat rides that are spread around as expectations towards entitlement. It is just easier to keep the yap shut.

Agreed. Jumpseat fodder spreads around here like wildfire too.

Not a good bet. It's an thinly veiled threat that you have no way of following through on. It's not what's best for your company, your fellow employees or the shareholders. It's also the exact opposite of what your/our boss has been saying consistently.

I know that was pretty blunt and if I offended you I apologize. The atitude you just described is seen by AirTran pilots as a coercive attempt to affect our decision making. Nothing more.

An SLI that you or I don't like will not destroy a culture.

Keeping you off our CBA saves the company about 85 million a year...

General, oh sorry, OYS, What will you do when we let cooler heads prevail and come to a negotiated solution that benefits both groups? It's a good possibility. Will you man up and admit you were wrong?

Thanks Gup. As for it being a possibility, sure, I guess it could be, but unlikely. If you were an Airtran pilot who was going to get a huge raise, would you just give up your seniority rights? No, you'd go FOR IT ALL. Anyone would. We all know that SWAPA negotiators would be crucified by their own if they gave a good deal to the Airtran pilots. So, the only real fair way to do it is to have outside help. Outside help is not biased, and will see what each side actually brings to the table. Most Southwest guys on FI seem darn confident that Southwest brings the most and Airtran very little. So if that is the case, then arbitration should be a "slam dunk" approach for them.

OYS

Thanks Gup. As for it being a possibility, sure, I guess it could be, but unlikely. If you were an Airtran pilot who was going to get a huge raise, would you just give up your seniority rights? No, you'd go FOR IT ALL. Anyone would. We all know that SWAPA negotiators would be crucified by their own if they gave a good deal to the Airtran pilots. So, the only real fair way to do it is to have outside help. Outside help is not biased, and will see what each side actually brings to the table. Most Southwest guys on FI seem darn confident that Southwest brings the most and Airtran very little. So if that is the case, then arbitration should be a "slam dunk" approach for them.

OYS

How'd you become such an expert on this stuff? You've never been through it.

Heck, you're not even gonna be affected in any way, shape or form by this acquisition, so why do you continue to troll in SWA/AAI acquisition threads?

For someone with such little actual airline experience (and no, first hand SLI experience), you've sure got a lot to say.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... You really need a hobby that doesn't involve harassing professional aviators on a message board.

Have a wonderful day! Hugs and kisses!

OYS

And yet you, GL and others sit back and bash the SWA pilots for wanting it all. Define irony...

SLC
:cool:

OYS

I don't think the AT pilots have a "go for it all" attitude. Please don't speak for us. We aren't that greedy and have a pretty good grasp of the situation.

Latest resources

Back