• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And costs the shareholders 400 million a year in synergies. Not sure that is a sound business decision.

Not trying to stir the pot but Gary can have all the synergies he wants with a Section 1 waiver of the SWAPA contract. Protects SWAPA pilots and more importantly protects the shareholders.

Gup

Not trying to stir the pot but Gary can have all the synergies he wants with a Section 1 waiver of the SWAPA contract. Protects SWAPA pilots and more importantly protects the shareholders.

Gup

Not sure I believe you. Details please. And I think you may be stirring a little. :beer:

Not stirring at all. Section 1 relief via Codeshare with Airtran. Connect more dots with "company" assets. Add to that a "lease" of a couple AAI ATL gates where WN brings them to you with routes you don't fly now and you haul them to the Caribbean.

Right now our contract does NOT allow this to happen. Yours does.

Gup

I'm surprised that I'm not seeing Airtran guys posting here that a relative seniority arbitration would be a bad outcome. Why do I say this? Can you imagine the rage that will result in the SWA pilot group? GK has to be aware of the shiite-storm this would unleash.

Do you really think we'll all go, "Well, if that's what the arbitrator says, then I guess its okay."

I fly most of my trips with guys who come nowhere near being part of the angry, over-the-top, pot-stirring 10%-ers mentioned earlier in this thread, but they all have pretty serious opinions about relative seniority.

Can GK possibly be blind to this train wreck? Synergies? That's funny!

I'm surprised that I'm not seeing Airtran guys posting here that a relative seniority arbitration would be a bad outcome. Why do I say this? Can you imagine the rage that will result in the SWA pilot group? GK has to be aware of the shiite-storm this would unleash.

Do you really think we'll all go, "Well, if that's what the arbitrator says, then I guess its okay."

I fly most of my trips with guys who come nowhere near being part of the angry, over-the-top, pot-stirring 10%-ers mentioned earlier in this thread, but they all have pretty serious opinions about relative seniority.

I don't think GK is blind to anything. He is a smart guy. Synergies was his word not mine. I am not sure what you want here. I guess if you decide you don't like the arbitration you agreed to you can do what US Air did. Its served them well.

Juniority, unfortunately we can't talk about SLI expectations, but you have a good point, and we do recognize this.

I don't think the AT pilots have a "go for it all" attitude. Please don't speak for us. We aren't that greedy and have a pretty good grasp of the situation.

RLA,

Brilliant! The smart thing for all of us to do is follow your example and let our teams speak for our interests.

The history of Southwest Airlines is written in shared success; sounds like a good formula for the future.

I don't think the AT pilots have a "go for it all" attitude. Please don't speak for us. We aren't that greedy and have a pretty good grasp of the situation.

Are you kidding me? Really? You actually think you should give away "some" seniority to people that aren't in control of your merger? This was done by GK, not SWAPA. Like OYS says, arbitrators will determine what is and what is not fair. And, you don't want that...... you don't want what you deserve? You should go for it all, as in go for what you deserve. If you don't think that way, go work at a Subway.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back