• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any word on the Airtran side as to the status of the process agreement? Very quiet on the SW side.

That's cause there isn't anything to report until ALPA comes back to the table.

The quicker it gets done the quicker the SLI talks can begin and the quicker the AT guys can get our contract.

Gup

ALPA this ALPA that. OK you hate ALPA. You never knew NPA. ALPA is WAY better than the NPA. " Come back to the table"? Email went out on Sunday and said deal is done between SWAPA and ALPA. MGT at Both SWA and AAI had a few wording changes. Thats where they are. I personally think its being withheld until DOJ approval. They don't want to look like they are already counting there chickens before they hatch. Sorry to use logic on FI.

That's the same info I have . . . both SWAPA and ALPA are in agreement on the Process Agreement document, and it has been sent to both airlines' managements for final review. Apparently, one or both airlines' management wanted something tweaked, so they are still wrapping it up.

Last edited:
ALPA this ALPA that. OK you hate ALPA. You never knew NPA. ALPA is WAY better than the NPA. " Come back to the table"? Email went out on Sunday and said deal is done between SWAPA and ALPA. MGT at Both SWA and AAI had a few wording changes. Thats where they are. I personally think its being withheld until DOJ approval. They don't want to look like they are already counting there chickens before they hatch. Sorry to use logic on FI.

That's the acquisition of AirTran by Southwest. That's a done deal.

The process of integrating employees isn't going so well I hear. Senior AiTran pilots running ALPA are being difficult and unreasonable. I'm sure most of the AT pilots would love to be over at SWA asap, but it looks like that won't happen for a while, if ever thanks to ALPA.

It's amazing what you can see when you step back and take your blinders off.

The process of integrating employees isn't going so well I hear. Senior AiTran pilots running ALPA are being difficult and unreasonable.

You have no F ing idea what you're talking about.

The process of integrating employees isn't going so well I hear. Senior AiTran pilots running ALPA are being difficult and unreasonable. I'm sure most of the AT pilots would love to be over at SWA asap, but it looks like that won't happen for a while, if ever thanks to ALPA.

Senior pilots running AirTran ALPA. Thats rich, both are FO's.

The process of integrating employees isn't going so well I hear.

Or when you actually know what you're talking about? :rolleyes:

The process of integrating pilots hasn't started yet, oh baiter of the flame... lol ;)

Don't know why SWAPA hasn't been sending out emails, but our MC put out an email about two weeks ago stating that SWAPA and AAI ALPA had come to an agreement on the PROCESS AGREEMENT (hint, Bob, this isn't the SLI negotiation) but that BOTH management teams wanted some changes. Then we got word that at the LEC meeting in ATL two days ago, JM, Chairman of the MC, briefed the pilots present (not confidential information) that all 4 parties had agreed on the changes, that they were being put into the agreement this week, and that hopefully the agreement would be signed and up on the server for download by us average line swine by the weekend or first or middle of next week.

At least, that's how I understood it. I'm not a LEC 71 member, so I didn't bother to attend the meeting since I can't vote in that LEC. I didn't know there would be a MC briefing or I might have gone anyway.

More information when we have it, but I'm sure SWAPA will update you guys when it's all done. Not sure about "holding it back until DOJ approval", but you never know, stranger things have happened... :)

that's the acquisition of airtran by southwest. That's a done deal.

The process of integrating employees isn't going so well i hear. Senior aitran pilots running alpa are being difficult and unreasonable. I'm sure most of the at pilots would love to be over at swa asap, but it looks like that won't happen for a while, if ever thanks to alpa.

super tool!

Latest resources

Back