• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/Airtran Process Agreement??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me neither and amen! But turnabout is fair play. How many Captains have ya'll upgraded since 1/1/06?

LOL,
Gup

Funny,

OK, DOH would put 4-500 AAI pilots ahead of me...after SOC, GK decides to not grow for a few more years...my QOL/career stagnates as well as the former AAI pilots above and below me on the list...but the AAI pilots all get more cash/benefits...The AAI pilots must share the risk...by being aquired and merged the AAI pilots have skipped all the barriers to entry that pilots face to get on at SWA. They have been handed their last airline job...to pass the "smell check" and be considered fairly integrated by your future SWA coworkers, something south of DOH for AAI will have to be negotiated/arbitrated...JMHO

Lots of good points from both sides....leads me to believe a group of arbitrators will come up with a fair SLI solution...fair is nowhere near staple. Historically the arguments were DOH vs Relative seniority. I imagine the solution will fall somewhere between the 2. In 9-12 months I will quote myself with this post and will see how accurate my hypothesis was.

I imagine that you are imagining things.

DOH is an absolute windfall for AT, and SWA pilots get zilch out of that... oh, I forgot, empty promises of explosive growth. So one side has a huge pay check gain, benefits, time off, vacation increase, etc, etc, and the other... well, the checks in the mail? I agree that an arbitrator will come up with a solution. I am afraid if that happens though, AT may lose in several ways. 1) It ain't gonna be nowhere near DOH. Way closer to staple. 2) If the arbitrator does go with what you are talking about, my bet is that the two operations will never operationally merge (AT stays a wholly owned subsidiary). Who knows what after that, but it isn't good either way for AT. The best solution for everyone is a mutually agreed to list. The best solution for SWAPA pilots is that ALPA pulls a Muse Air again and demands way more than the good deal they are offered by SWAPA. Good luck everyone. I hope the best for all 8000 pilots. It will be interesting.

Does this mean you're gonna take a dump in my lunchbox if it goes DOH or better?

I better get out a needle and remove that little "a" from my shirts and pants. Lord knows I can't afford to buy new ones.

No, I am not sure what would happen if a DOH + award was the result of arbitration AND after SOC became the final ISL...I do not feel our NC would agree to this result so it would be an arbitrated decision, "forced" upon the pilot group. It would be a very contentious outcome and most of the 6000 SWA pilots would not feel that a fair and equitable result was achieved. As I have said before GK could break out the checkbook and make this all right, then again he may just leave it to the pilot groups and arbitrators and hope that we can live with the result...after all we ain't gonna quit and go work somewhere else...

Well guys your SLI predictions are not supported by any method of a past arbitrator's ruling. You may be correct but my understanding of the judicial system suggests that you hypothesis is very unlikely. An arbitrator will make sure that no SW pilot is PRESENTLY affected negatively by the SLI. Arbitrators won't play the "what if" game on lots of growth or stagation predictions for the future. Read arbitrations over the last couple decades, less than DOH never happened and yes ere large pay differences between some of the airlines involved. I re-iterate....I believe no SW pilots seniority should be negatively affected.

If the arbitrator does go with what you are talking about, my bet is that the two operations will never operationally merge (AT stays a wholly owned subsidiary).

Not a good bet. It's an thinly veiled threat that you have no way of following through on. It's not what's best for your company, your fellow employees or the shareholders. It's also the exact opposite of what your/our boss has been saying consistently.

I know that was pretty blunt and if I offended you I apologize. The atitude you just described is seen by AirTran pilots as a coercive attempt to affect our decision making. Nothing more.

An SLI that you or I don't like will not destroy a culture.

Funny,

Not arguing your prediction...just describing the response that it (DOH +) would recieve from your future co-workers (IMHO)...welcome to SWA...

Latest resources

Back