• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines, new interview format

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to follow up with everything I've posted earlier in this thread, I finally got the call for the Cog test this week. So it's been 3 months since the ORD job fair, but calls are still going out. In fact, she had to ask me which job fair I attended, which leads me to believe there is simply one large stack, not sorted by specific fair.

I thought the Cog test was rather simple. I answered 70-some questions, only one of which I truly didn't know. The rest I'm pretty sure I got right. But that second 10 minutes creeps up on ya! I thought I was making great time, then I looked up at the clock and saw 3 seconds... yikes! I've heard >60 somewhere else, and >80 earlier in this thread, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'll post what happens to me as it comes, just for reference.

LAS job fair. Long app the Monday after.
Phone interview about 8 days later. Did the online tests that same morning, as soon as she sent them to me.

108 questions on the cog. Only felt like 4 or 5 were guesses.
Psych test (who knows? Not really grade-able?)

Interviewed on 8/6.
97% on 50 question ATP written
Felt like the face to face was great. 2 on 1: FLL CP and Instructor. (Since I was a Sim instructor at my last job, easy to chat with him)

Got the TBNT email two days later.
Canned email of course, no feedback what I was lacking, even after a polite request for some.

Oh well, my commute would've been rough to ACY.

About 6500TT 4200TPIC (Fractional mostly) Brief 121 CRJ time (Comair in 05)
IOE Capt/Sim Instructor. Three internal letters of rec.

Phone interview about 8 days later. Did the online tests that same morning, as soon as she sent them to me.

Interviewed on 8/6.
Felt like the face to face was great. 2 on 1: FLL CP and Instructor. (Since I was a Sim instructor at my last job, easy to chat with him)

Canned email of course, no feedback what I was lacking, even after a polite request for some.

How many times did you made it clear that you are a SIM/INSTRUCTOR capt and fo capt?

How many times did you made it clear that you are a SIM/INSTRUCTOR capt and fo capt?

Huh?

I can tell you, normal interview terror is very strong in me. And, applying at a Major was a whole new experience. Maybe my nervousness made me "too proud" of my accomplishments at my last job?

While I am an extremely cocky, arrogant snowmobile rider, I don't think it transfers over to my workplace persona.

But, I could be wrong. Still learning, like everyone else who's job hunting.

BTW, what is an FO capt?

Interviewed on 8/6.

Goodness Gracious, no wonder I'm not getting anywhere.

Huh?

I can tell you, normal interview terror is very strong in me. And, applying at a Major was a whole new experience. Maybe my nervousness made me "too proud" of my accomplishments at my last job?

While I am an extremely cocky, arrogant snowmobile rider, I don't think it transfers over to my workplace persona.

But, I could be wrong. Still learning, like everyone else who's job hunting.

BTW, what is an FO capt?

Um yeah your tool. They saw that and bounced you off. First officer captain: you act like tool on the right seat cause your a "captain".

Maniac,

If I were you I would just re-apply and keep updating your apps with all the places you've applied. Your quals are rock solid. Spirit should be hiring for awhile. Plenty of people get in the second, third time around.. If not I'm sure you will get a shot at another quality employer in no time...

Maniac,

If I were you I would just re-apply and keep updating your apps with all the places you've applied. Your quals are rock solid. Spirit should be hiring for awhile. Plenty of people get in the second, third time around.. If not I'm sure you will get a shot at another quality employer in no time...

Thanks, I appreciate the nice words. I try to ignore the other ones.

Latest resources

Back