• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines, new interview format

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've would not have applied to Spirit if I didn't want to go there. I really like the people at Spirit and want to be there. I really hate the vibe now at my company and the bickering between everyone and its become to toxic. So yes I want to move the hell on to greener pastors and for me Spirit is the greenest pastor. I just can't quite move into that pastor fast enough. For me its like waking up early for Christmas and seeing all the presents under the tree and having to wait till my father gets home to open presents.

Stay persistent and it will happen for you. We have a huge need for pilots for a long time and regional guys make up the bulk of our new hires. Make sure you get to every job fair you can. Good luck!

My Sim partner is leaving, heading to A certain cargo outfit....... It's too bad, we're not even 6 months in, lol.

PS. Not sure if it's been mentioned but no more Psych eval, just Cog
I have a few friends over there too that have told me they know personally guys leaving Spirit for United. I think this will start happening alot more now that United is hiring like mad, Delta just opened and American going to hire alot very soon. I think this is why they want to make sure you bleed Spirit and want to stay, maybe this is why I keep hearing that they are hiring alot of FO's, and capt with lots of PIC are "overqualified" because you might be gone after a year or two

Yeah, I dunno. Three fellow XJT rs are starting class soon and one is a check Airmen and the other two have well over 3,000 TPIC. I can't fault anybody for leaving any airline for another. Everyone's situation is different and To each their own

Yeah, I dunno. Three fellow XJT rs are starting class soon and one is a check Airmen and the other two have well over 3,000 TPIC. I can't fault anybody for leaving any airline for another. Everyone's situation is different and To each their own
yea, i guess its kind of weird how they hire. My other friend just upgraded like 2 months ago, been online for 3 weeks and all he did was apply to Spirit, no job fair, no internal rec, doesnt know a soul at Spirit and got the long app and then got a phone call after filling out the App. Then theres guys with internal recs, many job fairs and nothing! haha

I have a few friends over there too that have told me they know personally guys leaving Spirit for United. I think this will start happening alot more now that United is hiring like mad, Delta just opened and American going to hire alot very soon. I think this is why they want to make sure you bleed Spirit and want to stay, maybe this is why I keep hearing that they are hiring alot of FO's, and capt with lots of PIC are "overqualified" because you might be gone after a year or two

For sure, Spirit will have some attrition. If you live in ATL and Delta calls, its totally understandable. Same for SFO or DEN and UAL.

I don't buy into the whole 'hire RJ FO's and they'll be stuck' idea. I personally know of more RJ FOs and sub-1000TPIC captains getting called by Delta and United than high time RJ Captains. If anything, hiring an RJ FO and giving him an A320 type and time in type would make them MORE qualified and desirable for UAL, DAL or AA.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back