Spirit Airlines, new interview format

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kingfisher

I just heard that there is a new written test format on the day of the interview, apparently some kind of essay with questions at the end. Can anyone verify this and throw some light on what this essay is and what kind of questions are being asked at the end of it. Thanks.

I believe they used to do that, maybe it's back? I would imagine they ask a question and grade you on grammar, punctuation and ability to answer in a clear and concise manner?

I wouldn't get hired if I had to write an essay :)

no more essay, its a cognitive test followed by a 3 on 1 interview panel...at least thats what im told...was an ATP written when i went through...good thing it wasnt an essay for me too

Those test weed out really great applicants....sad

Your right, however im told its only used if your on the borderline. If they love you your in, if they dont your out. The NK interview is a frat pledge and nothing more. Just stay relaxed and pretend your drinkin a cold pint with them and your good as gold.

Your right, however im told its only used if your on the borderline. If they love you your in, if they dont your out. The NK interview is a frat pledge and nothing more. Just stay relaxed and pretend your drinkin a cold pint with them and your good as gold.

I dunno, I was told its pretty black and white. If you get the Cog test and pass it, you get the interview, if you don't pass it,there is nothing they can do. not sure how true it is though

I dunno, I was told its pretty black and white. If you get the Cog test and pass it, you get the interview, if you don't pass it,there is nothing they can do. not sure how true it is though

this is news to me, I didnt even realize the cog test was administered BEFORE the interview, but what your saying makes sense

Yup, it sucks that it's black and white.

For those interested, the process is

Apply on-line
(GO TO JOB FAIR) <----- this seems like a must to get the call, at least 98% of the time, lol
Get a link for a "long app"
get a call from HR, quick conversation then a link for the COG/PSYCH test

IF YOU PASS the COG/PSCYH test, you get an interview, if you don't pass, you get an email

So this COG test, which I am hoping to get this week, (filled out the long app last week) is it based off of the ATP written, as some have said in the past. I was digging for my 15 year old Gleim book and no longer have it. Do I need to go buy a new one? Do I need to buy that "everything explained" book? Or is it just basic math/logic questions?

I really don't want to screw this up...

Latest resources

Back