• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The pilots are Spirit are showing more backbone than any other pilot group since the Comair strike. I'd be interested to see if this strike stirs up some activity among the other overwhelmingly abused pilot groups out there. I see a lot of support, but let's see who is willing to organize and take a stand. Let's see...how long has RAH been without a contract? They won't do it...Airways...maybe...I'm sure the list is extensive of those who should.

Since negotiations have been going on for 4 years...

when in the past 4 years was a good time?

I'll step this one up too-

in the past decade- when was a good time?- economically most professions flourished during one of the biggest upswings in recent history- yet NO pilot group saw any gains and most saw nothing but incredible cuts- while executives got insane increases.

I hope everyone can see what supporting unions politically does. I'm proud of Spirit pilots- but they wouldn't be this far w/ a GOP administration. It sucks- but it's true. You can't be anti-union and cash YOUR union paycheck.

knowing the number of pilots out of a job these days I don't think is a good time to strike....

I wonder how long it will take to replace those 440 pilots?

I'll bet anyone if they post a pilot position today? They would get swamp with resumes.

The sad thing in aviation is that pilots are pilots worst enemies.

By the time they were to interview people and put them through ground school and sim, it would be if they're lucky 2 months before the first pilots would fly the line. I doubt Spirit can survive that long.

I agree with the present economy it would seem like the worst time to strike, but spirit’s UNITY, GOALS, and INDUSTRY SUPPORT it has provin other wise. I think management might be at the loosing battle of this one!!

I'll step this one up too-

I hope everyone can see what supporting unions politically does. I'm proud of Spirit pilots- but they wouldn't be this far w/ a GOP administration. It sucks- but it's true. You can't be anti-union and cash YOUR union paycheck.
Who was in the oval office when Eastern went on strike? It's a rhetorical question, but it should be mentioned for the sake of fairness and reality.

Latest resources

Back