• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take the interview offer of a free flight down and a hotel room then just join the picketing

Haha, that's awesome. Go walk the picket line & make mgmt. pay to get you there. :laugh:

Never been ALPA but I have been in two Teamster Locals and I don't trust any of them. Just like any big entity they become an animal that must be fed. They will eat their young to survive and keep those 6 digit salaries going to the bank. ALPA's own dealings with their own employees confirm this notion. The very sad part is these carriers bring the unions on to their property by their ill treatment of the very people who make their company successful. I hope to one day work for a carrier without a union and without the need for one either. Where Management and Labor makes a fair wage with fair work rules. OH Crap! I would have to live in a fantasy land for that. Maybe a few more years of the current administration and the fantasy land they are living in will become real. Oh never mind the more I think about it if you weren't born with extreme wealth and are compelled to to work for a living then you are FOOOKED. Greedy companies exploiting you and Tax and Spend Libtards on either side of you. One denying you a fair wage and the other taking what you have to give to someone who will not do for themselves as if self motivation and work ethic are a bad thing.

I will step in on that one. EAL. ALPA made all kind of promises to the pilot group, ( like don't worry, where ever the A/C will go pilots will also go with seniority). I was 25 when EAL went on strike . I was blesses and came out ahead. There where a lot of broken families and suicides . Very sad and as far as I see it ALPA has it own agenda and could care less aobut the ones that do not fit into there plan. Made simple ALPA SUCKS :)

PS thanks for letting vent

You might be able to replace 20 pilots, or maybe even 50, but there's no way you'll find anywhere near 400 Airbus qualified pilots to scab. I think the Spirit pilots will either win this one or the CEO will take his money and run.

Last edited:
You might be able to replace 20 pilots, or maybe even 50, but there's no way you'll find anywhere near 400 Airbus qualified pilots to scab. I think the Spirit pilots will either win this one or the CEO will take his money and run.

I agree with either Spirit Pilots winning or management taking the money and running.

I just want to say "my hats off to the Spirit Pilots for taking a stand and trying to keep the bar from lowering more". No matter if you are Pro Union or not what the Spirit Pilots are doing is what this industry needs more of. With the economy moving away from the bottom and new bankruptcy laws I think we will see more pilot groups getting to this same point with management in the future as the Spirit pilots currently are. If we stick together on the basic principles maybe we can "Take it Back" as ALPA would say.

WhatAboutBob,

I 100% agree with you on the Spirit pilots showing the way and unity is the only way. The question is will we be our own worst enemy or not. So far I think we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. I have only experienced an 11 day strike myself and it is without a doubt memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Good Luck to ALL the Spirit Guys and Gals.

Take the interview offer of a free flight down and a hotel room then just join the picketing

that is funny. i would go down there for an interview. Its been awhile and a practice interview wouldn't hurt. Of course in this case I'm guessing the interview would not be very good practice seeing that as long as your aren't drunk at the interview they would put you in class that day. Otherwise one would half to wait to the next day to start.

I will step in on that one. EAL. ALPA made all kind of promises to the pilot group, ( like don't worry, where ever the A/C will go pilots will also go with seniority). I was 25 when EAL went on strike . I was blesses and came out ahead. There where a lot of broken families and suicides . Very sad and as far as I see it ALPA has it own agenda and could care less aobut the ones that do not fit into there plan. Made simple ALPA SUCKS :)

PS thanks for letting vent
You don't understand the Fact's of the past. I urge you to reeducate yourself on what happened to EAL. Stop sniffing the SWAPA propaganda. Of course if your a captain and not an FO at SWA then I understand - because you guys only care about yourselves.

i understand the whole sitation. Pilots should be paid better.

I was a member of alpa and i'm not a big fan of them. Thanks to them the company i was working for was closed.
Alpa don't care about their pilots. They all care about themselves.

s t f u !!!!!

Cya

Latest resources

Back