• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HOw would Spirit even train pilots ? they have no check airmen....they are all on the picket line. the last 2 check pilots, the Chief and the DO resigned from their positions just after the strike started.
FAA. Outsourced sim training, then FAA Check pilots, just like if you were starting proving runs from scratch.

That said, it's just not feasible to accomplish in enough time to salvage the company. I still believe a contract will happen by Monday morning...

" Why not interview? I'd love to interview, accept a class date, and then show up the day of class and join my brothers on the picket line."

This has been mentioned a few times, and although it seems like a fun idea....It is not something to mess around with.

Interviewing shows an intent to work for Spirit. Accepting a class date shows further intent and will definitely get you on the "list".

How do I know?

A good friend of mine interviewed at Eastern, never went to work or showed for class ( after coming to his senses ) and is still on the list as of this very day even after ALPA has investigated and formally cleared him of any wrongdoing and put it in writing...twice, I believe.

Also consider that it was known in a very short time that he had interviewed, and that was back in the pre-internet era.

How long before your name would make the list now? Instantly.

Just ask a certain Falcon F/O how fast word travels these days...:)

YKW

Last edited:
FTR, I haven't heard ANYTHING about Spirit hiring or even conducting interviews beyond the original poster.

It's not on ANY of the job boards, on their website, anywhere. Period.

" Why not interview? I'd love to interview, accept a class date, and then show up the day of class and join my brothers on the picket line."

You ever hear on the United 570? They sort of did that, and guess what?

Republicans have no problem with strikes if they're instigated by Mgt to bust a union. EAL and the NWA mechanics fall under this category. I'm assuming Comair was too small for Bush to notice, or maybe being only a few months into his first term he had yet to restack the NMB with anti-labor appointees.

I guess it was the vast "right wing conspiracy" that made Clinton dash the would be AA pilot strike?!? Or was Feb of 97 a "blame Bush" month before it was vogue? Honestly, some of you guys seem to play pretty fast and loose with the facts...

One wonders how far that "republican" Clinton set back the profession...

... just sayin'

What are you an FO on a C172? Or did you recently upgrade to a FO on a C182? Let me guess, you don't pay your bills flying airplanes? Are you another Union hater? Sad.

Don't waste your breath. That guy is full of sh*t and never flew for EAL.

Latest resources

Back