• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit Airlines Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
knowing the number of pilots out of a job these days I don't think is a good time to strike....

I wonder how long it will take to replace those 440 pilots?

I'll bet anyone if they post a pilot position today? They would get swamp with resumes.

The sad thing in aviation is that pilots are pilots worst enemies.

Glad to see how wrong you were. Have fun in your 172. I hope you get ramp checked by an over zealous inpsector while cleaning the bug off your wind screen.

Hi!

Originally Posted by se1776
knowing the number of pilots out of a job these days I don't think is a good time to strike....

I wonder how long it will take to replace those 440 pilots?

I'll bet anyone if they post a pilot position today? They would get swamp with resumes.

The sad thing in aviation is that pilots are pilots worst enemies.

How long to replace the 440 pilots:
They had guys on furlough, so they'd have to notify them all, and see who is coming back and who would be willing to actually fly...I'm guessing 0.
That would take, I'm guessing, about 2 weeks.

Then, open hiring, change the website, advertise, set up the interview process, etc.
You could probably get the first group hired within 30 days.

Next, training. That is normally about 3 mos. Spirit could probably handle 40 per month in training, I'm guessing.

So, 6 weeks to get the 1st 40 into new-hire class, and 90 days to get them trained...wait, I forget, there are no TREs or TRIs to train and check them, so add 90 days to hire new TRIs/TREs.

OK, the first group of 40 is done training in 7 1/2 months, then 40 per month more, to get to 440...That's 10 more months.

So, I estimate it would take more than a year to get the 440 pilots replaced. Let's just say my estimates are WILDLY wrong, and it took only 6 months.

Do you think Spirit, or ANY airline can survive for 6 months, while training all new pilots to fly the airline?

cliff
LFW

Latest resources

Back