ASA...Furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
e120pilot said:
Hey 701EV, that's good to hear Skip is saying no furloughs, but most of us have heard this stuff before. When I was hired, we were told we would be Brasillia captains in less than 6 months (RJ Captain in 2 years), 3 RJ's a month would be coming for the next couple years, and that we would be hiring 100 pilots per month. Well, I've been here over 2 years and not one thing we were told came true. Instead I've spent most of my time on reserve at the bottom of the list.

Many of the things listed above are either incorrect or should be breaking news. Comair and ASA have 58 CRJ-700's on order (not the 60 that you said-ASA is getting 31, Comair is getting 27). Not a big deal, but that's right from the Bombardier and Delta websites. That's also news to me that we're getting some CRJ-200's in 2004. According to Delta's annual report, there are no firm orders for ASA or Comair for CRJ-200's in 2004. If some options have been exercised, I would think that would be announced somewhere. Hopefully, there is something in the works, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wow, we were told the same things when I was a new-hire. Do you think the company lied to us?

You guys might get more planes (if Dalpa agrees to more that is...) if you fly them all (even the 70 seaters) at Brasilia rates.....

Let's see if you can beat Skywest's deal. Skip and Fred Butrell are counting on you to bring the bar down even lower.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Gen Lee...You have got to be the worlds biggest a$$h0le!! I stand by that. You are arrogant, eletist, clueless, nosy and kind of creepy! If you would like to discuss it further, PM me and I will give you my phone number, so I can find out what make you such a d!ck.

Gen Lee. You have got to be the worlds biggest a-hole! You are arrogant, eletist, nosy, and downright creepy. If you would like, PM me so I can discuss with you why you are such a d!ck. You single handedly create so much animosity between these pilot groups. Your comments are a cancer.....

Gen Lee. You have got to be the worlds biggest a-h0le! You are arrogant, eletist, nosy, and downright creepy. Your comments singlehandedly cause such friction between the pilot group, they are a cancer!

ATRdrivr and Beavis,

I was joking. Jeez. Couldn't you guys see the sarcasim in that? You guys are on edge big time. And, yes we are opening negotiations right now, but our rates are so much higher compared to UAL and AA that a 10% paycut (maybe 15%--but Dalpa has said that is it) will still allow us to be 20% higher than anyone else. Also, we are not giving this away for free, with a snapback or contract extension as a minimum. We also stated that there must be shared concessions with the other Delta employees including management. We did not give away the farm like some other airlines, primarily because we are not like other airlines---we did not lose aircraft during 9-11, we did not buy TWA, etc. Take some chill pills guys and re-read my post. Relax. Breathe in, breathe out.

Bye Bye--General Lee :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

whatever

hey general lee, i am assuming you work for delta right. how do you feel about taking that 4 or 5 % pay raise a month or so ago when every one else in the industry is taking pay cuts. just curious.

rogerroger,

What do you mean? We are currently talking with the company about potential cuts. But, as I have stated earlier, we are not in the exact same shape as the other Majors. We did not (Thank God) lose any airplanes on 9-11, nor did we buy a carrier like TWA that had lots of debt. We also are the only employee group at Delta with a contract and a union. That means we are entitled to negotiate for pay cuts or pay raises etc. The other groups can get pay cuts put on them without input, and that is because they didn't have the intestinal fortitude to pay some dues and get a union. But, we know that our airline has some problems ahead, mainly the $1 billion debt payment due in 2005. We see that and will chip in, but not only us. Management has yet to ask the other groups for money, which ofcourse is probably on the way. And, if things get better in two years, can we have some of that back? You bet. We will negotiate snapbacks or major contract extensions to preserve what we have. Those recent raises were part of the contract, and probably will be recinded, but they were in there. So, to sum it all up, we are not in the same boat as AA and UAL, but we recognize a problem and will help, but for a price.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back