ASA...Furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
We also stated that there must be shared concessions with the other Delta employees including management.

hey general lee, is it the opinion of the delta mec that this include comair and asa employees???

Gen Lee...

You just have to get involved with ANYTHING Comair or ASA!!!! You are obsessed, and then you come at us with your arrogance and "were better" than little old you attitude! Dispute that? Ask anyone on this board. Can you stick to Delta posts and quit talking down to us and getting into OUR business!

sleepy said:
Another thread hijacking by the General.

Hey DB, he was responding to rogerroger's brilliant comment.

To come back to the issue, I don't see ASA furloughing.......unless we (Dalpa) relax scope to the 90 seater. Then MESA will have a more "beneficial" cost structure than ASA and comair and will have to compete with yet another portfolio carrier. I would expect if this were to happen comair and ASA will loose ALL 70 seaters to mesa and chatauqua.

Funny how our scope is indirectly protecting ASA and comair from furloughing.

Good luck all,

NYR

Beavis,

I loved your quote:

"You just have to get involved with ANYTHING Comair or ASA!!!! You are obsessed, and then you come at us with your arrogance and "were better" than little old you attitude! Dispute that? Ask anyone on this board. Can you stick to Delta posts and quit talking down to us and getting into OUR business!"

Hey, look at the type of aircraft I flew. Do you see EM2? What do you think that is? Maybe I flew for one of you two back in the early '90s on the Brasilia. I might be interested in your outcomes.
And, this is an open forum, so I believe I can make my opinion known. The only thing I have ever been displeased about is the senority/date of hire issue at Comair. Other than that, I have been your supporter. And, I do not talk down to any of you, or atleast not intentionally. I feel lucky to be where I am, and I am not one of those ex-military guys with an ego. I never ever said we were better than you. I just comment on this industry. This is a forum---we are allowed to do that.

Anaconda,

No, I don't mean ASA/Comair. I used to think that, but you guys have your own negotiating power. I was talking about the other employee groups in Delta that do not have a contract or unions. If they don't want to spend money each month protecting themselves with union dues, then they are open to pay cuts. Also, management will have to fork over some things too. We should all be in this together. I don't know if they will go to you guys, but they might.

Bye Bye--General Lee
:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :eek:

Last edited:
Gen Lee, youre right....you are. It just seems you always jump in on the attack of Comair/ASA. You have a chip that we are to blame for the woes of Delta, i.e taking former Delta flying; always talking down to the regional pilots from your position of superiority. Thay is how I feel every time you hijack a Comair/ASA post. I understand how you feel about the Comair MEC, but it doesnt have to show in every post.

So....post away.

And by the way, I think the Emb120 is an Embraer Brazilia.

Beavis,

Is ther a "z" in there? You might be right. I can't remember. All I remember is losing most of my hearing on that thing. It was fun and fast, though.

I don't try to "look down" on any of you. I enjoy my job and have always thanked the ASA guys for helping our furloughs. The Comair deal is their deal, and I have tried to stay away from that topic. I would never try to put any of you down, and I do not think the RJ flying has taken a lot of our flying away. I have always stated that the RJ has been good for us (the whole company) and it does very well on "route finding" (establishing new routes to see if they would be profitable for mainline) missions. The only times I have ever said anything about mainline getting some of the 70 seaters (not any of your current ones) is when I am trying to figure out what we should do with our 1310 furloughs. I am not going after you, but rather trying to help them. My opinions are sometimes a little crass, but I mean no harm. What can I say? I am opinionated.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

NYRANGERS said:
Hey DB, he was responding to rogerroger's brilliant comment.

To come back to the issue, I don't see ASA furloughing.......unless we (Dalpa) relax scope to the 90 seater. Then MESA will have a more "beneficial" cost structure than ASA and comair and will have to compete with yet another portfolio carrier. I would expect if this were to happen comair and ASA will loose ALL 70 seaters to mesa and chatauqua.

Funny how our scope is indirectly protecting ASA and comair from furloughing.

Good luck all,

NYR

They could give them (70 and 90 seaters) to Mesa with a J4J to hire your furloughed pilots at their slave wages. I would enjoy watching that. Go for it!

They would still make more money by giving 90 or 100 seat aircraft to ASA and Comair because they get to keep all of the profits when the aircraft a full. It only takes about 45 pax on one leg of an ASA CR7 round trip to break even. Everything else is pure profit, and it's not cheap to ride on us.

Beavis said:
And by the way, I think the Emb120 is an Embraer Brazilia.

what is the point of that quote? to correct his spelling? it's with an s, not a z...

gen lee, i was asking more about the opinion of your mec, not your personal opinion. i was recently told by an aca pilot that the aca mec stated it was the opinion of the delta mec, just wondering if it was fact or an urban legend...

Anaconda,

I don't think our MEC wants to pull you guys into any concessions. I think they will let Delta management ask for it. I don't really know, but I think our guys will leave you out of any financial contributions, which is good for you guys. I think management will go around asking everybody for contributions, but started with us to see how much we were willing to give. (Since we have a contract that isn't amendable until May 2005)
If they could get a larger portion from us, they could ask for less from everyone else. That aint gonna happen. I think they might squeeze 10-15% (not the 31% they wanted), and then we would ask for something in return--like snapbacks or contract extensions. We will pitch in, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Latest resources

Back