ASA...Furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jim:

You know so little about this situation that it simply is not worth the effort to educate you, so we could debate you. As little as you know, you know much more than I do about any flying in Hawaii. You are half a planet away, both figuratively and literally.

General Lee:

I think we agree the eventual goal is all Delta flying performed by Delta pilots. The first step is brand scope that includes the pilots of ASA and Comair. The final step is one list.

Surely you can see that your MD80 and 737 operations are about to be whip sawed against small jets capable of providing the same revenue seat miles. A brand scope solution would reduce your competition and make it easier for you to have effective scope, something you do not have now.

While the RJDC is not about abolishing all scope, you are right that we feel the scope that previously existed in contract 2000 was negotiated by our union to harm ASA and Comair pilots. The Court has ruled on its intention to review this scope and may modify, or restrain, ALPA's ability to enforce the provisions that were designed to restrict fellow ALPA pilots in Delta's employ.

Bottom line is that ALPA is in the weird position of arguing against collective bargaining. We seem to agree we could stand stronger together instead of fighting. The more we can reduce alter ego flying the better off we are. Any step in that direction is a good move.

Fins,

I understand your point of view. It would be nice if all Delta flying could be done by Delta mainline, Song, ASA, and Comair pilots. The one list deal would be nice but you know that I (and 8500 other pilots) prefer a staple, which could give some of your guys some heart burn. ASA/Comair could expand more out west taking SLC and MCO back, and Mainline and Song would get the larger city pairings etc. That would be nice. But, I think management likes whipsawing all of their regionals into shape, and they are using Chataqua's current contract (I know they are fighting for a new one) against you. I also don't think Delta would allow us all to be on one list--for obvious reasons. In a perfect world I think there should be one list with RJ guys being able to bid MD88 etc just like a regular seniority list, and new hires starting on the RJ. But, I don't know if it will ever happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

I also don't think Delta would allow us all to be on one list--for obvious reasons.

That may be very true. However, ASA, Comair and Delta could all negotiate as if we were one list and with the common goal of branded scope.

Gen Lee,

Not to give you heartburn but I just made the DFW to ONT run on the 700. We can load up with gas and make the return run of ONT - ATL with not much problem. I believe this will further bite into your MD and 737 operations.

I sincerely hope that the ASA/Comair/Delta unions can start working as one or it will likely be too late.

RJCAP,

No heartburn taken. But, we don't really want a 70 seater on the ONT--ATL market. We really should have it on newer markets for exploritory flying---like Fresno--DFW or DFW--RNO or SJC (the ones we gave up at mainline)

I hope we can all work it out.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Latest resources

Back