• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA...Furloughs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, Bailout, you're an idiot and I can't help that. You are the one that isn't surprised about the downgrades? Why not? There are only 7 downgrades posted on the Prelims. If you will recall, Brian Morris, posted that anyone junior to seniority number 1010 would not be able to hold RJ Captain. Well, guess what Bailout? Those people, i.e. 1010 and senior are exactly the ones that got downgraded! And we weren't overstaffed by over 100 first officers on September 11th. Were we? So, Skip told you that he wouldn't allow any furloughs to take place after September 11th? Well, we live in a different world since September 11th, and we are now over staffed by almost 100 first officers. We will have almost 250 first officers and 150 captain on the 50 seater in DFW. Why would we downgrade 7 captains if we'll be overstaffed by 94 first officers????? You're an idiot! We will be negative aircraft this year and what we're scheduled for deliveries of aircraft next year, won't make up to utilize our overstaffed numbers.
Bailout, you live in a bubble and I hope someone kicks your a@@ soon for being an idiot! You can bury your head in the sand for a few days but you'll have to come up for air soon!

Frustr8td- Are you kidding with that post? Go easy on Bailout he is just stating his opinion. We are all on the same team so lets please try to be civil. Save the venom for the Skywest/Chit crews in DFW:D (I'm kidding no flames please!!!). I too am having trouble staying motivated. Mon is my 6th day of reserve, I get tuesday off and back on wednesday night for another 6 days of nap reserve! :mad: The only thing I have to look forward to this week is maybe getting released early monday night so I can sedate myself through excessive drink!!! :D Fly nice- Wil

Bailout,

I don't know where you heard that stuff about pay protecting RJ FO's....but it's completely false (read your contract-there is nothing to support that!). With a displacement, there is no need for the company to offer CA positions to RJ FO's, even if they are senior. The RJ FO's that have Captains that are junior to them made the choice to not upgrade. As far as furloughs, I'm not sure if it will happen, but to think it won't is pure ignorance. Hopefully it won't come to that, but it wouldn't suprise me at all if it did.

Wil,

I hope that was a joke about giving crap to Skywest/Chatauqua crews. The pilots just fly where they're told. I'm dissapointed with the Skywest consessions, but that's life.

PROFLYER- read the parenthesis- Fly safe

Hey guys ,

CHILL!!!!

I am almost at the bottom of the DFW FO list.

What I would like to know is where did you hear we are having financing problems for the RJ?

We are still slated to expand a little bit more in Sept. according to the chief pilots in DFW.

Skip SEEMS to be a man of his word, and I also heard him say they will carry the overstaff through rather than furlough. I heard him tell my class first hand.

They Airline industry is wierd to say the least, but ASA SEEMS to be in a great position overall.

I will be one of the first to ask him why he hired in Jan 03 and said to them he knew the overstaff was coming, just to furlough by years end.

I think the chances of furlough are VERY slim at the current time and conditions.

Medeco

Medeco said:
What I would like to know is where did you hear we are having financing problems for the RJ?
This is probably a distortion of the fact that the finance company was located in the World Trade Center complex, and the fiscal pipeline was slowed after 9/11.

There has been no mention of furloughs. There has been talk in the training department regarding gearing up for new hires late in the year after the last of the DFW EMB's pilots are trained.

There are no problems with financing aircraft. We have 5-6 more 50's coming this year and 15 70's next year. Whether they are bound for DFW or ATL I do not know.

Regarding displacements. Its all about seniority.
What happend in ATL will most likely happen in DFW. ATL had a serious surplus of FO's and CPT's for a period of time until they were absorbed back into the lines. No big deal.

This was actually a very good week for pilots with the management change in the VP Flight Ops. This will bode well for the pilots in the near future.

>>With a displacement, there is no need for the company to offer CA positions to RJ FO's, even if they are senior. The RJ FO's that have Captains that are junior to them made the choice to not upgrade. <<

Not quite what I meant, Im talking about the other way around, existing RJ F/Os who do indeed have Capt bids in, but are to junior to hold it, compared to the EMB Capts that are much junior to them coming over to the RJ. I admit I dont follow the DFW ops very much, but this is a situation where there is going to be too many Capts and when the junior EMB Capts come over, they arent going to offer Capt positions to RJ F/Os who are senior to them, they are keeping the same overall number of Capts, so some people will have to move to F/O based on seniority. The difference seems to be what each person has bid. Some of these guys have bid for RJ Capt, but wont be able to hold it, and some have left their bid as their current position, (EMB CAPT DFW)

>Skip told you that he wouldn't allow any furloughs to take place after September 11th>

Never said that, I stated he said he would do everything in his power to keep that from happening. Of course if he has to, he will.

> Frust8td <
You appear to be the idiot. Why dont you bring down the morale of more people at ASA.

rjcap said:
There has been no mention of furloughs. There has been talk in the training department regarding gearing up for new hires late in the year after the last of the DFW EMB's pilots are trained.

There are no problems with financing aircraft. We have 5-6 more 50's coming this year and 15 70's next year. Whether they are bound for DFW or ATL I do not know.

Regarding displacements. Its all about seniority.
What happend in ATL will most likely happen in DFW. ATL had a serious surplus of FO's and CPT's for a period of time until they were absorbed back into the lines. No big deal.

This was actually a very good week for pilots with the management change in the VP Flight Ops. This will bode well for the pilots in the near future.

I would agree with all of this

I never met Scott Young, but I heard he was not a pilot friendly VP
I hope we get one that is.

Talk of displacements, furloughs at ASA? Seems like you guys are flying lots of old Delta routes? I am confused. Oh well, we have already experienced both displacements and furloughs at Eagle. Welcome to the 21st century!

Happy flying,

RB

PS...WE only hope it will turn around SOMEDAY.

Latest resources

Back