• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA Atlanta elections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's in the junta... oops coalition? I never got the management memo...oops email.

You will be asked to vote for 2 captain representatives and 2 first officer representatives. This coalition asks for you to vote for all four of the following as a single group.

Lynn Jackson – Capt. Rep.

John (Barry) Lee – Capt. Rep.
David ( Bryan) Bowie – First Officer Rep.
Graham Welsh – First Officer Rep.

Don't vote for this coalition. Lynn has already proved that she has only her interests and those of her younger boyfriend in mind. Just ask anyone who was on the negotiating team last contract about the things these two pulled.

You will be asked to vote for 2 captain representatives and 2 first officer representatives. This coalition asks for you to vote for all four of the following as a single group.

Lynn Jackson – Capt. Rep.

John (Barry) Lee – Capt. Rep.
David ( Bryan) Bowie – First Officer Rep.
Graham Welsh – First Officer Rep.

Don't vote for this coalition. Lynn has already proved that she has only her interests and those of her younger boyfriend in mind. Just ask anyone who was on the negotiating team last contract about the things these two pulled.

Yep, just saw it on the other thread. Don't know the FOs, and I'm pretty surprised to see Barry's name there, but Lynn is Lynn is Lynn. Before any of you actually vote for these people, do your homework about Lynn. She is no friend of this pilot group.

I virtually guarantee you the sales pitch was written by JB. Sounds just like him, and the whole thing gave me the idea I was standing in front of a circus tent. "Step right up and see the amazing pilot group saviors. That's right folks. Right before your very eyes, these four individuals will transform the working environment at ASA, get you a fair contract, personally shine your shoes prior to each duty in, and always have your Jepp revisions done for you on time! Step right up. Step right up!"

Just remember how you felt after you got out of the tent at the circus. What you saw wasn't nearly as amazing as what you were promised, and your wallet was a bit lighter than it was when you showed up.

i don't have a dog in this fight, and i apologize for interrupting...what's the deal with all this "older gf/younger bf" stuff?

i don't have a dog in this fight, and i apologize for interrupting...what's the deal with all this "older gf/younger bf" stuff?

Ask Joe Merchant. Basically, he broke up LJ's marriage because the two of them were having a grand ole time on ALPA's dollar while they were on the contract negoiation committee. He's alot younger than his gf, LJ.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Yep, just saw it on the other thread. Don't know the FOs, and I'm pretty surprised to see Barry's name there, but Lynn is Lynn is Lynn. Before any of you actually vote for these people, do your homework about Lynn. She is no friend of this pilot group.

I virtually guarantee you the sales pitch was written by JB. Sounds just like him, and the whole thing gave me the idea I was standing in front of a circus tent. "Step right up and see the amazing pilot group saviors. That's right folks. Right before your very eyes, these four individuals will transform the working environment at ASA, get you a fair contract, personally shine your shoes prior to each duty in, and always have your Jepp revisions done for you on time! Step right up. Step right up!"

Just remember how you felt after you got out of the tent at the circus. What you saw wasn't nearly as amazing as what you were promised, and your wallet was a bit lighter than it was when you showed up.

Don't be surprised if JB and Lynn Jackson are dealing with mgmt and would use their union positions to help bust ALPA in order to protect their careers as airline pilots. I'm not overjoyed with ALPA, but they are so anti-ALPA and pro-company that they'll do anything for their own agdenda. They will sell out the pilots for their own benefit in a heartbeat.

And you can bet if we were non-union we would not have it as good as SW. ASA has shown that without a binding agreement that they would make our lives even more miserable.

goodto are you really that much of a selfish ass? The 700 displacements dont affect the atr or the 200 directly. if a 700 captain wants to go back to the 200 and it keeps a more junior guy from being kicked is that a bad thing? the company requested it due to pilots asking for it. the jackass response from newwy has angered a lot of pilots as its floats around the lounge. this was a no brainer - except for selfish morons like you...

Wow. So, you're blaming the company's decision to displace pilots on the union? How's that work, exactly? I suppose it's also the union's fault that all those people got kicked out of lot 3 and had to move from Clark-Howell to Camp-Creek? How about ACARS still not up and running, this due to the union as well?

-Blucher:erm:

Last edited:
Wow. So, you're blaming the company's decision to displace pilots on the union?How about ACARS still no up and running, this due to the union as well?

-Blucher:erm:

Don't forget AIDS, famine, the hole in the ozone, and global warming...

I sure hope that the other three candidates on this slate of four were not good candidates because their association with the first candidate will most assuredly guarantee their failure.

Ask Joe Merchant. Basically, he broke up LJ's marriage because the two of them were having a grand ole time on ALPA's dollar while they were on the contract negoiation committee. He's alot younger than his gf, LJ.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

I have heard two versions:

1. He started dating her when he was too young to buy alcohol. He thought it was cool that she would soon spend her Social Security check on his booze.

2. She was an elementary school crossing guard and he liked the way she looked in her uniform. She was drawn to him because even though he was only 6 she thought he looked like he was 8.

Of course I could be wrong it could be that no one would have either of them so they decided to make it a loser/loser relationship.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back