ASA ALPA Atlanta elections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your wrong about this one.

Her goal is to put JB on the CNC and she will be on it also. She tried this before and the best that could be done is JB in the back room.

Look at history for the future.

Probably true. I think they'll be doing everything themselves. They'll be sick of it after 90 days. Of course, we all know she doesn't want the job for the long haul. She just wants to torpedo the contract, then resign to take the management job she's been promised. She'll then leave someone else to clean up the mess.

I remember Scott Hall mentioning Lynn's name aa a replacement for Bob. A. when he retired. No doubt, Lynn and Scott are in kahoots (sp?). If you want a contract now that gives management tons of wiggle room then vote for Lynn and her group of minions. If you want something else, anything else, seek other options!

Unfortunately, I am finding my expectations for this contract to be pivotal to the Skywest union vote. Right now, I feel we need to "One-up" their pay and work rules. It is important to jump ahead. However, if they vote down the union, then priorities might change. I'd be willing to vote in status quo on payrates with the written promise of aircraft transfer back to us as well as all their newly acquired 900's. We should also lower our EMB-120 rate to lower than theirs in hope that the bean counters in SGU will transfer some of those aircraft as well. There are several markets out of ATL that would be better served with a Brasilia. That would also dramatically reduce our upgrade times.

1. I'd be willing to vote in status quo on payrates with the written promise of aircraft transfer back to us as well as all their newly acquired 900's.
2. We should also lower our EMB-120 rate to lower than theirs in hope that the bean counters in SGU will transfer some of those aircraft as well.
3. There are several markets out of ATL that would be better served with a Brasilia. That would also dramatically reduce our upgrade times.

1. Just like CMR had it in ink. It means nothing. Open your eyes.
2. Now you know what markets need a certain airplane? If it was about the money JA would have transfered the CRJs to ASA. Get it.
3. Uh, have you looked at the contract. Do you have 3000TT?

I have been here long enough to realize that several of the side letters we love some much were generated while LJ and DW were in management. If the side letters generated while they were in management are a indication of their loyalty then I want more. My battle is to get a better contract not fight a personal battle between the RJ Coalition and ALPA. The last four years have produced no improvement in quality of life that I can think of. O yeah, there was that grievance where we were to get a Wendy's meal voucher but that was struck down and I was given $5 in the next paycheck. Then there was the three CDO grievance. O, we lost that one. Then there was ASAP. Lets make that a contingency of the contract. Why not tell NASA that we do not want anything to do with their safety program as well. Face the facts, our current leaders are either at a loss of ideas or unwilling to move toward a contract resolution. We take a Wilson Poll and before the results have time to be sorted Duane Worth files for binding arbitration. It seems that his opinion is worth more than ours. The fantastic four may not be the answer but there has got to be some positive results from the current union leadership for me to cast a vote of confidence. I am not asking for a no holes barred approach to contract settlement but I do want a union that can interact and function with management. If ASAP, which is totally about safety, can not be agreed on then we do not have the proper interaction between the two parties and the house on both sides of the table should be cleaned.

1. I have been here long enough to realize that several of the side letters we love some much were generated while LJ and DW were in management. If the side letters generated while they were in management are a indication of their loyalty then I want more.

2. Then there was the three CDO grievance. O, we lost that one.

1. I didn't see LJ name on any of the side letters. I do see DW name.

2. And why did we loose that one? Yeah, someone lied on the stand. Even an ALPA atty that was involed with the last contract said that this person didn't tell the truth.

So it's always the MECs fault?

Unfortunately, I am finding my expectations for this contract to be pivotal to the Skywest union vote. Right now, I feel we need to "One-up" their pay and work rules. It is important to jump ahead. However, if they vote down the union, then priorities might change. I'd be willing to vote in status quo on payrates with the written promise of aircraft transfer back to us as well as all their newly acquired 900's. We should also lower our EMB-120 rate to lower than theirs in hope that the bean counters in SGU will transfer some of those aircraft as well. There are several markets out of ATL that would be better served with a Brasilia. That would also dramatically reduce our upgrade times.

I completely agree with this assessment.........

I GUARANTEE the ALPA volunteers will quit. I know most of them! It will take Lynn 90 days just to form a new CNC and get it up to speed. Oh, and we'll have to assess the members because National will cut off financial support for negotiations too. You see, National doesn't like to see their money go to waste.

Are you saying that the current ALPA volunteers will not work with whoever WE elect? I'm not sure who I am going to vote for, but it is disturbing to hear that the current union people won't work with people who the pilots elect. I have to tell you, ALPA is acting like a bunch of junior high school girls. Grow up!

LJ was the contract administrator for the company. She was in charge of making sure the company interpreted it correctly. Generally her tenure is considered a "honeymoon period" for ALPA and management as we got a few desirable side letters signed and were not beat up on too bad. I am sure there are other opinions as some one is always getting the screws put to them by management.

Latest resources

Back