• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

John Pennekamp

I'd rather be here...
OK, y'all, time to talk elections.

Just got an email from Frank Ramsey, says he's going to run for captain rep. How y'all feel about that, concerning his history in ALPA (recalled as MEC chairman about 6 years ago)? Got an email last week from Mike Schnor, running for FO rep.

Who else is running? Nick Tomlin (current Strike Chairman) put posters up, but I haven't heard anything else from him. I heard a rumor Farruzi (current FO Rep) was going to run but haven't seen anything from him either. Anybody know anything about the elections? Rumors? Good dirt?

Last edited:
No offense or anything but doesn't ASA have their own d*mn message board? Really now....Flight Info is turning into the ASA b*tching board.

No offense or anything but doesn't ASA have their own d*mn message board? Really now....Flight Info is turning into the ASA b*tching board.

Uh, sounds like an NWA (the airline formerly known as Northwest) Airlink tool bitching at this moment...

The subject title was pretty clear. Feel free not to click on it if you don't want to read it.

Not that I don't appreciate the effort put forth by those currently pulling duty, but I'm leaning more toward a notion of new blood across the board. I can't say that I'm overly pleased with things, nor can I justify that they'd be different with anyone else in office. I suppose I would like a different perspective on things with a new MEC. Who knows, that might be enough to get management to test the waters and begin negotiations again. Hmmm- maybe even a contract without a strike- now that would be great!

There is currently a coalition of 4 pilots that are considering running as a team. They are still in the discussion phase and all the names are not final. They are proposing a platform that would promise either a TA or a release within 90 days of taking office. If this isn't achieved, they will resign. This TA would include hourly payraises for everyone. Trip and duty rigs, Per diem increase, Scheduling/QOL improvements, 401K improvements, Sick time improvements, and most important job security including the halt of aircraft transfers. Job security will be priority number one. To answer your questions, no I am not one of the 4.

If you want more information, PM me.

I too are voting everyone that is in OUT----maybe not Danny Utley, he actually knows what is going on and what to do....

TIME for new blood !!!

No he doesn't, he told me two days b/4 DFW closed to my face that we were all right and in no way would DFW close.....

New blood is going to take over, just like a democrat will win the next pres. election

Latest resources

Back