• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA Atlanta elections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what I heard also. There were some ligitimate concerns at first. However the company has agreed to the union's concerns. Politics is more important than safety.

If you are so concerned about safety why don't you quit. That should make this a safer company by removing someone who can't think for themselves. Before you leave make sure you have Scott remove his hand from inside your body DUMMY.

If there is a trust problem at ASA, it will be there after the new elections. It does not matter who is elected someone will have something negative to say about them. If someone is proactive they will be labelled a kissass. If someone else is apathetic they will be labelled, disinterested. Seriously though, there is an anger in many of the ASA pilots because they do not trust anyone. They do not trust old management, new management, Skywest Management, MEC, LEC or their chief pilots. In this envirnonment there will never be a resolution.

The reason that flightinfo is so popular with ASA pilots is that the accountibility of that anger is zero on this message board. Yes there is an ALPA board, however they cannot descent from the ALPA position. The problem is many of the ASA pilots will say one thing in the crew room and on the phone interviews and another at their kitchen tables.

The ASAP program is a great program, too bad ASA does not have it.

If there is a trust problem at ASA, it will be there after the new elections. It does not matter who is elected someone will have something negative to say about them. If someone is proactive they will be labelled a kissass. If someone else is apathetic they will be labelled, disinterested. Seriously though, there is an anger in many of the ASA pilots because they do not trust anyone. They do not trust old management, new management, Skywest Management, MEC, LEC or their chief pilots. In this envirnonment there will never be a resolution.

The reason that flightinfo is so popular with ASA pilots is that the accountibility of that anger is zero on this message board. Yes there is an ALPA board, however they cannot descent from the ALPA position. The problem is many of the ASA pilots will say one thing in the crew room and on the phone interviews and another at their kitchen tables.

The ASAP program is a great program, too bad ASA does not have it.

Truer words could not have typed. When it comes to complainning, pilots can rival soldiers in that department except the soldiers usually have valid gripes; food, getting shot at, away from home for months at a time, cot to sleep on if your lucky.......

Pilots..... Most of you guys don't know how good you really have it. The most disgruntled among you started flying young and don't know anything else so of course this job just blows {sic}.

Are there issues? Of course, that goes for any job, thats why they pay you (albeit poorly sometimes) but it's the bed we made for ourselves. Cope with it and quit looking for the negative. It just makes your job and those around you, miserable.

ASAP is a good program. Never had to use it before but it's nice to have for legit goofs.

The ASAP program requires trust in Management to do the right thing. Management wants Mary Larson to run the program. She is like LJ in that she is only committed to herself and can't be trusted behind closed doors.quote]

Don't even get me started about that crazy bi-atch! Just be glad she doesn't fly the line.

Ha! No kidding.

Last edited:
Interesting strategy for a campaign. If we don't get what we want, we will quit. I don't think this coalition will be getting many votes.

Alec Baldwin stated that if Bush won, he'd leave the country. I sent him a buddy pass, but....

Faruzzi makes my stomach hurt.

I know of two pilots that participated in the dispatchers ASAP fillings. Everything went as advertised and they did not suffer FAA discipline. They were both happy with the results. This blanket statement of "we can not trust management" is getting tiresome.

Keep in mind that we want to make the most possible and management wants to pay us the least possible. In between is where negotiation takes place. This is true of most things in life and should not be taken personal. While some say we have incompetent management those same people say we deserve contract improvements since we are the most profitable regional in the industry. Management must be worth something to the shareholders since we "are the most profitable regional in the industry". However you slice it we want to be paid more and they want to pay us less. We both are doing our respective jobs and must find a way to coexist.

Copydat- good assessment. I couldn't agree more with this. Personally, I think we ought to start working more as a team for the future- were gonna have to if we are to survive........Just watch what happens when Delta exits bankruptcy. I smell a large Boeing order that will replace alot of regional flying. It's gonna be survival of the fittest for regional flying. after 2007. Just watch........

Latest resources

Back