• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA ALPA Atlanta elections

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it your plan to come on to tha Negotiating commitee and take credit for all the sections that have been TA'd, since your mother promises us Long Call and Short Call and other QOL improvements when that section has been TA'd already?
Also whatare you going to do when all the ASA ALPA volunteers resign from their positions?

This is an excerpt from LJ's email of what she will accomplish in the next contract:

1. Job security including the further erosion of flying
2. Hourly pay increases for everyone plus bonuses.
3. 401k improvements.
4. Trip and duty rigs.
5. Improvements to sick leave.
6. Scheduling and QOL improvements
7. Per Diem increases
8. Commuter clause
9. Long call/short call.
10. Signing bonus

To me all this looks like is a rehash of all of the remining thinngs to worked out between ALPA and ASA. Why should we vote this group of 4 in, when all she is promising to is the same as the current group is attempting to do?

She is promising a TA in 90 days, well the current group could give you a TA in less than that, if we accept ASA's last offer. What is the strategy she will attempt to use.

I call BS on this, all this group of 4 are going to do is ride the coat tails of the current MEC and NC, and take all the credit. This seems like a repeat of the 98 contract.

Also, she has flipp flopped more than John Kerry. First she is ALPA, then she went to management, and now she wants to come back to ALPA, what is she John?

What coattail? The current MEC is so far up nationals butt it makes the lec stink... oh wait, they are the same two guys. Show me what they have done? You CANT! Turn down a request for voluntary displacements! Request a profer to force a strike (just in time for the holidays, nice touch!).

Our MEC is a disaster. I enjoyed the latest poll. Do you want to strike? Are you in favor of a strike? What are your strike issues? Will you strike for this? What about this? You sure?

I may or may not like the 'platform' of some of these 'candidates', but we need a change bad.

I dont think it matters what the company does at this point, zerb and his apprentice newwy would love to fight over shotgun when they catch the last asa flight to washington with mr worth.

What coattail? The current MEC is so far up nationals butt it makes the lec stink... oh wait, they are the same two guys. Show me what they have done? You CANT! Turn down a request for voluntary displacements! Request a profer to force a strike (just in time for the holidays, nice touch!).

Our MEC is a disaster. I enjoyed the latest poll. Do you want to strike? Are you in favor of a strike? What are your strike issues? Will you strike for this? What about this? You sure?

I may or may not like the 'platform' of some of these 'candidates', but we need a change bad.

I dont think it matters what the company does at this point, zerb and his apprentice newwy would love to fight over shotgun when they catch the last asa flight to washington with mr worth.

You really are a jackass. Can you tell me why my MEC should have given only 70 seat pilots the right to voluntary displacements, screwing me in the process. Scotts plan was BS and he knew it. I dont pay dues to have my union carve out priveleges for a few.

If you want to collapse and cave, vote for JB's team of 4, or 5 if you count her twice.....my god now thats a genuine disaster on the horizon.

You are dumber than Joey Merchant.

goodto are you really that much of a selfish ass? The 700 displacements dont affect the atr or the 200 directly. if a 700 captain wants to go back to the 200 and it keeps a more junior guy from being kicked is that a bad thing? the company requested it due to pilots asking for it. the jackass response from newwy has angered a lot of pilots as its floats around the lounge. this was a no brainer - except for selfish morons like you...

goodto are you really that much of a selfish ass? The 700 displacements dont affect the atr or the 200 directly. if a 700 captain wants to go back to the 200 and it keeps a more junior guy from being kicked is that a bad thing? the company requested it due to pilots asking for it. the jackass response from newwy has angered a lot of pilots as its floats around the lounge. this was a no brainer - except for selfish morons like you...

I for one actually favor this decision by the MEC. I also favored the response. If you want to change the contract and its provisions, show up at the negotiating table with your proposal. Don't try the scare tactic/make the MEC look bad because we are not going to show favortism to 10 pilots. Guess what, it backfired on them. The way the displacements went, it put 40 people back into training. Hey, what do ya know, they didn't do it this month like they said they would. Go figure. The contract was written to protect your paycheck more than your QOL. Last time I checked, nobody has been Jr Assigned to the 700. That means we all bid it voluntarly, knowing it was a one way move. I knew it, if you didn't, shame on you. Besides, if we allowed people to just bid all over the place, what would that accomplish other than more people in training than flying.

I personally don't know any of the coalition, but I've heard enough bad press about the ring leader that I won't vote for any of them. I read that email as they would go ask management for a signing bonus and they will TA managements latest proposal. It seems that wish to let the population vote on it. Well, I won't vote yes.

YOU bid the machine, now fly it and quit blaming all your woes on our hardworking MEC/CNC.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

There is currently a coalition of 4 pilots that are considering running as a team. They are still in the discussion phase and all the names are not final. They are proposing a platform that would promise either a TA or a release within 90 days of taking office. If this isn't achieved, they will resign. This TA would include hourly payraises for everyone. Trip and duty rigs, Per diem increase, Scheduling/QOL improvements, 401K improvements, Sick time improvements, and most important job security including the halt of aircraft transfers. Job security will be priority number one. To answer your questions, no I am not one of the 4.

If you want more information, PM me.

Who would waste their time Joey? We all know where you stand, and that your GF is running for LEC. Good luck. I won't be voting for your "self-serving coalition"! You and LJ proved that last time remember, and then you did't do the job you were elected to. Your GF "resigns" from the MEC because she couldn't get her way. Crybabies. And, how is all LJ promises "quaranteed"? What has BL promised you and LJ now?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Latest resources

Back