Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ty,

Whats the worst that can happen to me? Relative seniority.(won't happen) What am I losing?

What is the worst that can happen to you? Staple. (won't happen) What are you likely to lose? Somewhere in the middle.

The middle is where I gain and you lose SENIORITY.

Your welcome for the huge quality of life increase I have spent a good amount of time earning for you. And I thank you for the increase seniority you will be giving to all my SWA brothers and sisters. That is what a win/win situation is all about.

Together we are going to kick some serious booty in this crappy airline business. And we both gain because of our efforts.

So why am I worried......?

Looks like Dash had it right all along..... who would have thunk?

Looks like Dash had it right all along..... who would have thunk?

And as usual the Delto Dork had it wrong. :puke:

As far as the SLI goes, SWAPA won't have much to do at all. That will very likely go to arbitration, and then the lawyers will have to fight it out.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Of course it could, because all you care about is yourself.
Hey!

Shhhhhhhh... Let them think that's not what we want. ;)

Personally, I'd be happy with AirTran being the indefinite International Arm of Southwest Airlines. On 1/1/15 we snap to their CBA in total, including pay rates, duty rigs, the whole shebang.

So sure, leave me #2 in my seat (as of January), pay me SWA pay, and I keep my 2 legs a day to an Int'l station, layover 20-24 hours, fly 2 legs back, go home, 18 days off a month at guarantee with weekends and holidays off.

What was that about extending separate ops indefinitely now? :D

(P.S. The above is tongue-in-cheek; I know it won't happen, but it sure would be nice). :)

I think that was the deal you raged against:
-Pay April 1
-Seniority in the ATL base
-Fenced ops for 10 years

Tongue-in-cheek

AIP 1 had weak language you could drive a truck through, and AirTran Captains would have been reduced to an itinerant band of roving, migrant street captains. Unable to hold a base, constantly pushed lower by every RSW upgrade, it would have been a new circle of hell in Dante's Inferno.

To keep rehashing AIP1 is pointless (but, apparently, it makes some people feel better).

Last edited:
Max,

Sorry your cheese got moved...

Ty,

Our FOs are now the roving band of pilots constantly being displaced by AAI transition pilots, who BTW are pretty happy!

I know you guys did not want this, but at least in AIP1 your pay would have flexed up to ease the transition pain...

Max,

Sorry your cheese got moved...

Ty,

Our FOs are now the roving band of pilots constantly being displaced by AAI transition pilots, who BTW are pretty happy!

I know you guys did not want this, but at least in AIP1 your pay would have flexed up to ease the transition pain...

Your FO's being displace is a direct result of our captains are being downgraded. SWAPA wanted our captains seats. They got them. Any SWA FO that didn't get one of those coveted seats is getting displaced. Law of unintended consequences.

Hey!

Shhhhhhhh... Let them think that's not what we want. ;)

Personally, I'd be happy with AirTran being the indefinite International Arm of Southwest Airlines. On 1/1/15 we snap to their CBA in total, including pay rates, duty rigs, the whole shebang.

So sure, leave me #2 in my seat (as of January), pay me SWA pay, and I keep my 2 legs a day to an Int'l station, layover 20-24 hours, fly 2 legs back, go home, 18 days off a month at guarantee with weekends and holidays off.

What was that about extending separate ops indefinitely now? :D

(P.S. The above is tongue-in-cheek; I know it won't happen, but it sure would be nice). :)

I don't think the SWA pilot group will alow U to be just the international arm, and we be your domestic feed;)

Latest resources

Back