• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not funny. I haven't even finished wiping up the blood from this one.
I think he was referring to the possibility that Delta may attempt to merge with Alaska, in which case Alaska would be the smaller carrier.

I highly doubt we'll see SWA try to bite off on another carrier purchase, especially while still trying to get THIS one straightened out.

Could be wrong; it's happened before.

Great! Now you've ruined MY day... :)

Bubba

PS. Actually, to be honest, I kinda' miss the little crybaby. He was waaaaaay too easy to spin up. He's the reason we still don't have the ability to use our forum signature blocks.

He was entertaining wasn't he!

I really don't see how Alaskan stays a stand alone for the long run. I think they will be bought or will buy someone themselves.

That being said, I have no idea who the partner could be out of the current players.

I really don't see how Alaskan stays a stand alone for the long run. I think they will be bought or will buy someone themselves.

That being said, I have no idea who the partner could be out of the current players.

I think it's a safe bet that the only partner that makes sense for AK is Delta given the amount of codesharing they already do.

However, that said, I think they are like Hawaiian in that they have a very strong brand identity and can survive alone. Any acquisition of either carrier means paying for a brand identity that would be lost in a merger.

Latest resources

Back