UAL to stop furloughing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL78 said:
Thanks for your kind words. I hope that help actually did them a favor by many of them getting on at UAL. I suppose time will tell.

UAL78

For those of us able to get hired by UAL with your help, we've got line numbers. That's worth a lot to me.
You never know if you've made the right choice until you hit age 60, and even then you can't be positive. I won't be second guessing my decision to go/stay with UAL. Fortunately, I've got the AF reserves to keep me employed until I get recalled.
I second UALU30's feelings about the A plan. I think that it's getting safer every day. I'm waiting to see November's numbers; hoping they're similar to October's.

Hi Guys,
Just found this site. I too am a UAL furloughee (Jan. 2003). 'm about 1200 from recall also. Is anyone else from the April 10, 2000 class?
Went back to my pre-UAL bizjet flying. It's OK, but missing my guppy.
Nice to hear some optimisic talk. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday and to see all of you back at TK soon.:)

mach92flyr said:
Hi Guys,
Just found this site. I too am a UAL furloughee (Jan. 2003). 'm about 1200 from recall also. Is anyone else from the April 10, 2000 class?
Went back to my pre-UAL bizjet flying. It's OK, but missing my guppy.
Nice to hear some optimisic talk. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday and to see all of you back at TK soon.:)

Welcome aboard, David. You gotta stay away from the UAL compuserve board; there are waaay too many bitter people on that site (of course, you've been known to be a loose cannon on the deck there :) ). ... or at least take the info there (and here) with a grain of salt.

Andy said:
Welcome aboard, David. You gotta stay away from the UAL compuserve board; there are waaay too many bitter people on that site (of course, you've been known to be a loose cannon on the deck there :) ). ... or at least take the info there (and here) with a grain of salt.

Thanks Andy H. The cannon has been retired and with my wife pregnant with son #2, I am back to taking care of my family then battling PW and the concesssionaires. The battle was lost and nothing will bring it back.
I am just working hard at my new flying job and if I ever return to UAL that is great!:)
Meanwhile I am searching for the best position I can find.
Thank you for the greeting. Happy Holidays to you and yours:D

************Safe Harbor Statement******

Thanks for the good laugh UAL78 about the safe harbor statement. I get a kick out of listening to them say that on the hotline. Also I love your always optomistic outlook, and by that I am not just referring to UAL but our industry in general.

I have to agree with you about the pendelum in aviation swinging the way it does. Many of us have been in this industry for a long time and yes this is definately new ground that we are walking on, but again I agree with you that we will be around but a much different company. Hopefully the predictions of UAL recalling in 2004 happen, but I have to say with our current leadership I would not rely on it. Whiteford, Forte, Roiecheck & Tilton I feel have not got a clue as to what have for breakfast tomorrow. Things will change once we get people in these positions that have half a clue as to what they are doing. Sorry for the negativity but there present track record I feel speaks for itself. Hopefully the REPLACEMENTS are on the way.

Latest resources

Back