• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm glad that only the pissed off 5% of AT and SWA come to this site. Otherwise I might be nervous. BTW I thought the packet was very informative and I didn't read anything into it. Maybe I'm just too relaxed or too lazy to get all worked up over it. Also, since the merger has been annouced, I haven't ran into a single SW crew that wasn't very nice and talkative. Maybe if I walked around with a chip on my shoulder it would be different. Cheers.

Sending the package on Saturday delivery hoping the spouses see it. Nice management move (Not SWA management btw). We learn by observation I guess.

Then I skim through it the amount of time it deserves and unfortunately learn today about the email nonsense at the end.

What a disappointment. I wonder what the arbitrator will think of these tactics? The only ones ruining the "culture" over there is SWAPA stirring the pot in their news letters with merger history, and how some Muse Air took it up the... and is happy to be there.

More disappointment every week from the SWA side. You are showing your hand with the fear tactics and violations of negotiating in good faith.

Wow.

Last edited:
I'm glad that only the pissed off 5% of AT and SWA come to this site. Otherwise I might be nervous. BTW I thought the packet was very informative and I didn't read anything into it. Maybe I'm just too relaxed or too lazy to get all worked up over it. Also, since the merger has been annouced, I haven't ran into a single SW crew that wasn't very nice and talkative. Maybe if I walked around with a chip on my shoulder it would be different. Cheers.

Well stated sir.

Kinda like turning back the hands of time and actually getting hired at Southwest instead of Airtran. I would say that getting hired at either airline on the same day(XX number of years ago), would lead to vastly different career expectations.

How would that not be addressed? It's at the heart of the issue.

In your brain perhaps. But in the brains of others they perhaps look at AAI being the riskier bet which paid off, if you were hired 7 years ago. More risk equals bigger reward or bigger loss - in this case it turned into reward.

Looking forward to working with you!

What is truly sad is that so many airline pilots have virtually no understanding whatsoever of what the key piece of legislation that governs their entire career says. And, even worse, you don't take the time to understand a document that was just negotiated a few months ago by your own union. Not understanding a piece of legislation that is three quarters of a century old is forgivable. Not taking the time to gain an understanding of the very documents to which your own union is a signatory? That's a different story.

Well, I've read it, and I understand it. The Process Agreement absolutely does not require merger of operations. Please see my explanation in another thread.

You keep quoting Section VI. That section, and every other one, only applies if the operations are merged under Bond/McCaskill. If GK were to choose not to merge operations, then there is no agreement that is "made and entered into in accordance with the provisions of the McCaskill-Bond Act" (first paragraph), and thus the entire PA is null and void, including Section VI.

A two-bit lawyer could shoot down any frivolous lawsuit brought forth under the grounds that you keep bringing up.

Latest resources

Back