• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Info packet FEDEXed to all AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I glad you can be so cavalier with what your MC is facing. Good luck with that.

Luv,

You haven't been following along...Guadeloupe did last briefly. Texas LLC? That will be up to you guys to decide. Just stating the obvious. It was setup this way for a reason...and it wasn't just for taxes.

Oh, I've been following along. Guadeloupe ceased to exist after DOC when the merger was complete (May2), however, as recently as the last week or two we were threatened with being forced to stay under Guadeloupe Holdings (more than a month after Guadeloupe was disolved).

I trust GK's word, Texas LLC will go away with SOC. It's ironic that FL guys have more faith in GK than his own pilots do. Keep pressing him, see who gets the train at the end of the tunnel.

Threats are not helpful....but I would llike to hear from the AAI side how it is falr that the acquired pilot group gains cp seats, pay, seniority etc...and the SWA Pilots LOSE nothing...shouldn't we share the gains?

I glad you can be so cavalier with what your MC is facing. Good luck with that.

It ain't cavalier. It's purely confidence in the process. Threats via conspiracy theories, (produced by knuckleheads on an anonymous web board), mean jack chit to management, the MC's, or a panel of arbitrators. It simply makes you look like an ass to your future co-workers...but hey, good luck with that.

I trust GK's word, Texas LLC will go away with SOC. It's ironic that FL guys have more faith in GK than his own pilots do. Keep pressing him, see who gets the train at the end of the tunnel.

Gary Kelly would gut you like a fish in a NY minute if it would save and/or make SWA money...he would do the same to us if we let him. He is under no obligation to incorporate your airline into SWA...if you guys can't see that, you are truly delusional. I would not screw with GK - SWA is like the house in Vegas...they always win. You guys are playing with fire here....good luck with that. Ask the F9 pilots how that worked out for them...OBTW, you don't have another offer on the table like they did.

Last edited:
Atlplt,

I used the example of Ty and myself...I have been @ SWA Longer than he has been at AAI...If he or you keep ur CP seats @ SWA, You gain pay, seniority @ a better run company...true, I lose no money but why should I agree to a deal where you gain so much and I merely lose nothing? Why do you get to win so much?

Kinda like turning back the hands of time and actually getting hired at Southwest instead of Airtran. I would say that getting hired at either airline on the same day(XX number of years ago), would lead to vastly different career expectations.

How would that not be addressed? It's at the heart of the issue.

1.I would llike to hear from the AAI side how it is falr that the acquired pilot group gains cp seats, pay, seniority etc...and 2.the SWA Pilots LOSE nothing...shouldn't we share the gains?

1. No. We brought the seats with us. They are attached to the aircraft. We are merely keeping what we brought.

2. You've been telling us for months how much you've got. Ask your boss for the gains, not AirTran pilots. You've spent months telling us how little we've got.

Latest resources

Back