• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA MCO Crewroom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you an elected representative that is responsible to the dues paying members? Are you a representative of the company? If so, then you are reuired to hold yourself to a higher standard. It is quite apparent it is a different methodology than what other base coordinators use. Instead of freaking out on your fellow pilots that you request unity in the flattish won't fly campaign.... why don't you expect more from company and union? Oh that is right.... we are not real southwest pilots and eat whatever shiite is shoveled our way.

Are you an elected representative that is responsible to the dues paying members? Are you a representative of the company?

Nope.

If so, then you are reuired to hold yourself to a higher standard. It is quite apparent it is a different methodology than what other base coordinators use.

I am sure that they never imagined that you would be offended by the color of a mailbox tag, I mean, who would? It was put there to make their jobs easier. Period.

By making a big deal out of it, aren't you creating a "hostile work environment" for the coordinators (who, btw, are some of the most helpful, friendly folks you'll run into in ANY work environment).

Instead of freaking out on your fellow pilots that you request unity in the flattish won't fly campaign.... why don't you expect more from company and union?

I'm not the one "freaking out" over the color of my company mailbox tag, or anything else for that matter.

Maybe I shouldn't be, but I am quite surprised to see you making such a big deal out of it.

As for unity, we all benefit from a unified pilot group. Like it or not, you are now or will soon be a SW pilot. Resisting unity, especially over something as trivial as the color of your mailbox tag, is self defeating.

We're in Section 6, and you seriously want to divert union efforts into changing the color of the mailbox tags? Mind boggling.

Oh that is right.... we are not real southwest pilots and eat whatever shiite is shoveled our way.

If that's how you feel, then the problem lies solely with you, the few morons on FI notwithstanding. The rest (well, most) of us, and this includes FAT guys, have moved on. Every AT guy I've worked with or run into on this side has been great, just like the vast majority of "native" SW guys.

You want to fit in around here and be treated like everyone else? Stop b!tching about petty nonsense like the color of your mailbox tag.

You'll get in section six what Gary Kelly gives you. All the bravado aside.
Ironic that you asked for unity on the other hand continue to ridicule those that you want to stand beside you.

You'll get in section six what Gary Kelly gives you. All the bravado aside.

Yup. As long as we have folks clamoring to change important stuff like the color of box tags, you're right.

Ironic that you asked for unity on the other hand continue to ridicule those that you want to stand beside you.

In what way did I ridicule "those that want to stand beside" me?

Yeah.... shut up and just deal with it. There is nothing you can do to convince the borg that they may learn something from someone else.

Yeah, tell me about it. How many former AirTran pilots does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Three.

One to screw it in, one to tell you how much the new lightbulb sucks and one to tell you how much better the old lightbulb was.

I checked and a few of the tags in the MDW are yellow as well and none that I can see belong to FAT guys. I'm sure we will change the mailboxes to a method that makes the FAT pilots happy. BASS Because AirTran (or ALPA) Says So.

I checked and a few of the tags in the MDW are yellow as well and none that I can see belong to FAT guys. I'm sure we will change the mailboxes to a method that makes the FAT pilots happy. BASS Because AirTran (or ALPA) Says So.

Office Depot probably had a sale on the yellow ones..

Rant on....This whole process has SUCKED for pretty much everyone involved from day one. Not one person on either side of the partition has benefited to date with the possible exception of a few FAT F/O s who lived or wanted to live in a SWA domicile and have gotten big raises and are driving to work. Other than that no one has benefitted. So far on the WN side of the fleet both airframes and block hours are down. The upgrades that have happened have been due to WN retirements and increased vacations not integration. The block hours on the AAI side are down even more than on the WN side and I realize its no picnic over there either. This whole thing has been "off plan" from day 1 and now adjustments will have to be made to pay for it. Those adjustments include a smaller fleet and maybe not everyone has a job when its all said and done and if it happens it will be "RSW" pilots on the street first. With all this going on I can't believe a mailbox nametag color that no one would ever see or pay attention to if they did is an issue or an reason not to support our common goal of a good contract. When you get a threatening note in your box or a guy that refuses to treat you with respect then you have a hostile work environment. Until then all you have is a yellow tag on your box......Rant off

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back