Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW places firm order for 150 737 Max, announced this morning (12-13-2011)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OYS and General Lee:

I can tell you with 101% certainity that SL10 (the ratified integration) has met the yard stick which is applied to most 'fair' seniority list integrations. For those of you unfamiliar with this axiom, fairness is achieved when everyone (or nearly everyone) is equally disappointed with the result.

Clearly there were winners (our senior FOs) and loosers (new hire SWA pilots post announcement) at SWA.

I will defer to the perspective of an Air Tran pilot to share their thoughts on who won and loss.

From my perspective, a SWA-CA, this merger did not increase my career earnings projections. What it did, post 2015, is for a time put acquired pilots in front of me (class of 2001) for bidding (vacation and open time).

I am sure each of us has our opinion of whether the agreement was fair.

Let the ruminations and posturing begin ...

Speaking of the General...

Since he doesn't seem to be around lately, let me respond in his stead:

"SWA made 150 firm orders for the 737 Max? What?! Obviously, that's the end of Southwest! The 737 Max is a crappy plane that can only fly to LBB! They can't afford it; their culture's gone; they're all gonna' get their pay slashed or furloughed; they're all heathens!"

Does that sound about right? Did I miss anything?

Bubba

Yes you forgot something about eating ice cream and SWA flying 27 legs a day :).

It appears like they still didn't get an automatic digital control system for temps, just because SWA was scared to teach their pilots how to use them.

I truly doubt you flew the B-1 making a moronic statement like that. If so I fear for our nations defense.

Why is it bad news for the newhire SWA pilot? Just curious?

OYS and General Lee:

I can tell you with 101% certainity that SL10 (the ratified integration) has met the yard stick which is applied to most 'fair' seniority list integrations. For those of you unfamiliar with this axiom, fairness is achieved when everyone (or nearly everyone) is equally disappointed with the result.

Clearly there were winners (our senior FOs) and loosers (new hire SWA pilots post announcement) at SWA.

I will defer to the perspective of an Air Tran pilot to share their thoughts on who won and loss.

From my perspective, a SWA-CA, this merger did not increase my career earnings projections. What it did, post 2015, is for a time put acquired pilots in front of me (class of 2001) for bidding (vacation and open time).

I am sure each of us has our opinion of whether the agreement was fair.

Let the ruminations and posturing begin ...

Sounds like someones jealous.

Of chiropractors? Yep. Now they can continue to enjoy a nice stream of line pilots with blown L5 discs. Look I know it's blasphemy to bad mouth Herb's chariot, but the 50's cockpit in The Fluff sucks.

I don't relish sitting in it for the next 30 years. I'm disappointed that collectively the airlines bent over to Airbus/Boeing and allowed the cartel to get by by hanging new engines and using cool words like 'sharklets'. Would of been nice to see AMR, LUV, and UAL leverage Boeing into something better then a 'customized' NG.

Last edited:
I'd agree nimitz but fuel, OPEC, and economic reality drove this train
Look at the delays and costs in the 787- I think all sides needed more of a sure thing sooner

Latest resources

Back