Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW places firm order for 150 737 Max, announced this morning (12-13-2011)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is it bad news for the newhire SWA pilot? Just curious?

On the internal web board there are some upset guys that were in the pool and "expected better" apparently... We'll leave that for internal discussion!

When you show up for class no,w as a new hire, you should know what to expect, until the next merger (and their will be a NEXT merger!)

It's still the best place you could be working in this business PERIOD!

Later,
KBB

Don't let these future aircraft orders get you folks all het up into a false sense of security. AA made one of the largest aircraft orders in the history of commercial aviation and then promptly filed for bankruptcy. Hopefully for the junior guys this will give some hope for upgrade before retirement, but at the end of the day it is primarily a replacement order to keep up with the Jones'.

Don't let these future aircraft orders get you folks all het up into a false sense of security. AA made one of the largest aircraft orders in the history of commercial aviation and then promptly filed for bankruptcy. Hopefully for the junior guys this will give some hope for upgrade before retirement, but at the end of the day it is primarily a replacement order to keep up with the Jones'.

I am glad a Frontier pilot can tell all our new guys how gloom and doom it is at SWA. I hate to burst your bubble but our new hies are going to have the time of there life. I would trade w/ them in a second.

Unlike you, I do wish you guys the best.

On the internal web board there are some upset guys that were in the pool and "expected better" apparently... We'll leave that for internal discussion!

When you show up for class no,w as a new hire, you should know what to expect, until the next merger (and their will be a NEXT merger!)

It's still the best place you could be working in this business PERIOD!

Later,
KBB

What should a new hire expect?? That there will be another merger?

How long should a new hire expect to hang out in Oakland at the present predicted hiring rate?

What should a new hire expect?? That there will be another merger?

How long should a new hire expect to hang out in Oakland at the present predicted hiring rate?

Who knows about OAKLAND, too many things in flux right now, WHAT if the SENIOR A/T Guys ALL commuted from the west Coast, Theoretically, they could produce some huge movement, Hypothetical YES, Possible Maybe! Guess we'll know something more tomorrow (I think the A/T pilot bid closes tomorrow, 12-15-2011!)

LATER,
KBB

Who knows about OAKLAND, too many things in flux right now, WHAT if the SENIOR A/T Guys ALL commuted from the west Coast, Theoretically, they could produce some huge movement, Hypothetical YES, Possible Maybe! Guess we'll know something more tomorrow (I think the A/T pilot bid closes tomorrow, 12-15-2011!)

LATER,
KBB

The vast majority of the senior AirTran pilots are staying on the 717. It appears the 'wonders' of being a SWA FO weren't enough to lure them.

I am glad a Frontier pilot can tell all our new guys how gloom and doom it is at SWA. I hate to burst your bubble but our new hies are going to have the time of there life. I would trade w/ them in a second.

Unlike you, I do wish you guys the best.

Ol F9 reminds of the string quartet that stands on the deck of the ship in Titanic and plays their instruments as the ship fills with H2o.

Seems like we still have a few F9 haters over there at good old SWA. We appreciate your concerns. Unlike you two Aces, my post was merely stating that aircraft orders don't equate to good times or growth for that matter. Incidently, I still wouldn't give up my captains seat to be on the bottom of your list. Sorry to burst your bubble. That's my opinion only. If I was still a ute, I would have a different outlook on it all I'm sure. Hate away boys!

Latest resources

Back