Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW places firm order for 150 737 Max, announced this morning (12-13-2011)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
God, this again?

No hate at all- just entertainment value- and you reiterating the "pride before the fall" decision doesn't earn any respect in my book
F9 is fast becoming irrelevant in DEN - you had the chance to secure the future of all f9 pilots- but made an adult choice-
The only people who think of you anymore are those of us w/ friends there who truly wish for a good outcome for them- but also know that SWA is very tough to compete against and the odds aren't good-
Good luck-

Wave,
Good to see that you're still as full of yourself as always. What you "Warriors" are missing is that this thread is not about anything but aircraft orders. Not how you are going to kill F9 in Denver with your "Warrior Spirit". Just aircraft orders and what they mean. That is all. But if you can sneak in a Warrior Pilot's perspective of airline business, that is good too. Frontier and Southwest will end up wherever they end up with or without your analysis or your Madam Cleo gifts.

BTW, I was not against the SWA buyout of Frontier, I just said I would rather be an Airbus A-320 Captain flying near International than commuting as a reserve FO at SWA on the B-737. Interestingly the creditor's committee didn't ask for my opinion nor would a unanimous vote by all the F9 pilots for a successful SWA bid have changed anything with the ultimate outcome of that proccess. And you already know that.

Last edited:
Thanks Bro, I needed a good laugh :)

Funny, you just said in post 54 you wished the f9 guys the best and than just a couple posts later you are laughing at them and seem to be supporting the "if f9 didn't want to be stapled to us I hope they fail" attitude.

Wave,
Good to see that you're still as full of yourself as always. What you "Warriors" are missing is that this thread is not about anything but aircraft orders. Not how you are going to kill F9 in Denver with your "Warrior Spirit". Just aircraft orders and what they mean. That is all. But if you can sneak in a Warrior Pilot's perspective of airline business, that is good too. Frontier and Southwest will end up wherever they end up with or without your analysis or your Madam Cleo gifts.

BTW, I was not against the SWA buyout of Frontier, I just said I would rather be an Airbus A-320 Captain flying near International than commuting as a reserve FO at SWA on the B-737. Interestingly the creditor's committee didn't ask for my opinion nor would a unanimous vote by all the F9 pilots for a successful SWA bid have changed anything with the ultimate outcome of that proccess. And you already know that.

Seems to me You nailed it. I don't get why some SWA folks don't seem to understand that it makes total sense if a F9 pilot would rather continue flying an Airbus in DEN rather than commute to a SWA base and perhaps never get back to DEN. Just because SWA currently has a higher pay rate doesn't mean they are a "better" job. For many, living were you want and doing the kind of flying you want far surpasses a higher wage. You would think the SWA pilots of anyone would understand someone wanting to make their own airline successful in the future. F9 could easily be going great a few years from now. If they get an owner who can realize it's potential the F9 guys will be very happy they didn't get dissolved and stapled to the bottom of SWA.
The SWA folks on here don't seem to understand that there is a lot more to life than flying for SWA. That's not a slam on SWA it's fine if someone wants to work there, but thinking everyone else should is a little narcissistic.

Last edited:
Seems like we still have a few F9 haters over there at good old SWA. We appreciate your concerns. Unlike you two Aces, my post was merely stating that aircraft orders don't equate to good times or growth for that matter. Incidently, I still wouldn't give up my captains seat to be on the bottom of your list. Sorry to burst your bubble. That's my opinion only. If I was still a ute, I would have a different outlook on it all I'm sure. Hate away boys!

Just a point of clarification.

WN has 597 jets on order/option through 2027. We currently have about 260 733, 735, 717. That leaves roughly 340 aircraft to retire a few 700's and a couple hundred left over to "keep up with the Jones'.

Gup

Funny, you just said in post 54 you wished the f9 guys the best and than just a couple posts later you are laughing at them and seem to be supporting the "if f9 didn't want to be stapled to us I hope they fail" attitude.

Dan i am laughing at the Frontier pilots telling our new hires it will be all gloom and doom.

Also go back and read your posts. You sure like to use the work IF a lot.

As I always tell my Dad when he says if.

( If uncle Bill had tits he would be my aunt .)

My Dad does not like like me saying it either :)

Dan i am laughing at the Frontier pilots telling our new hires it will be all gloom and doom.

Also go back and read your posts. You sure like to use the work IF a lot.

As I always tell my Dad when he says if.

( If uncle Bill had tits he would be my aunt .)

My Dad does not like like me saying it either :)

How about if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's ass?

The point is this entire industry is a big if.
Absolutely no guaranties for any of us and anything can happen. The only thing we can count on is there will be plenty of unexpected surprises for all of us. It's possible that SWA could be hurting in 5 years, I doubt it, but it is quite possible, and it is more likely F9 could be doing well. In which case they would be lucky they stayed independent

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back