Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SW places firm order for 150 737 Max, announced this morning (12-13-2011)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And the haters hate....truly pathetic guys. You'll find just about anything to bash SWA huh?! From an outsider, it makes you all look pretty sad.

How about your Airtran 717 brethren you raked over the coals? What will they make over the next few years? Good for you, the MOST SUCCESSFUL AIRLINE EVER!!! Way to take it to your brothers!

Godspeed!

OYS

Let's see...

The General's thing seems to be LBB. Your thing seems to be Airtran and culture. You know, as much as we all appreciate your concern, I think we'll be okay. But to answer your question, our Airtran 717 brethren, that we "raked over the coals," will be making exactly the same as they're making now, i.e. Airtran rates, for the next coupla years. They start transitioning over in Feb or Mar (starting with 737 guys, I believe), so many per month, and the most junior ones might be there up to three years. If we can replace the 717s before then with 737s, then they'll come over to the SWAPA side sooner. At any rate, at the point they transition, they'll make the standard SWAPA rates. Don't know exactly what that'll be (profit-based variable raises and all), but I can damn well say it'll be more than YOU will be making. Does THAT answer your question? Anything else I can help you with? Fantastic.

Bubba

Last edited:
Speaking of the General...

Since he doesn't seem to be around lately, let me respond in his stead:

"SWA made 150 firm orders for the 737 Max? What?! Obviously, that's the end of Southwest! The 737 Max is a crappy plane that can only fly to LBB! They can't afford it; their culture's gone; they're all gonna' get their pay slashed or furloughed; they're all heathens!"

Does that sound about right? Did I miss anything?

Bubba

Let's see...

The General's thing seems to be LBB. Your thing seems to be Airtran and culture. You know, as much as we all appreciate your concern, I think we'll be okay. But to answer your question, our Airtran 717 brethren, that we "raked over the coals," will be making exactly the same as they're making now, i.e. Airtran rates, for the next coupla years. They start transitioning over in Feb or Mar (starting with 737 guys, I believe), so many per month, and the most junior ones might be there up to three years. If we can replace the 717s before then with 737s, then they'll come over to the SWAPA side sooner. At any rate, at the point they transition, they'll make the standard SWAPA rates. Don't know exactly what that'll be (profit-based variable raises and all), but I can damn well say it'll be more than YOU will be making. Does THAT answer your question? Anything else I can help you with? Fantastic.

Bubba

Just to be clear. Not to start the old BS again;

AirTran pilots will make their old rates on the 717, even after they have transitioned to the SWAPA contract. Until 2015. No, they are not happy about it. Nor do they have any choice.

Latest resources

Back