• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Billybob, not sure where you are getting your information, but I don't know a single person who has extended since the furlough. (I'm also in one of the busiest fleets and have a very wide circle of acquaintances.)

They are working us to death as it is, I can't imagine any sane person volunteering for more...

I do however, know for a fact a few key management personnel who haven't touched an airplane in years, are now flying the line in addition to their "desk jobs." Perhaps this is the group doing most of the alleged extending??

Just out of curiosity, how is this possible under your contract? I'm assuming by management you mean non-union pilots flying a union position...that's allowed?

Just out of curiosity, how is this possible under your contract? I'm assuming by management you mean non-union pilots flying a union position...that's allowed?

The ones I know about were all at one time line pilots who left for management jobs but were allowed to keep their seniority numbers on the list. (allowed by our contract unfortunately which needs to be remedied)

In fact, one of them used to be Union President at one time....

Thanks all for keeping this going,

As for the 18 day I did not want to open that can of worms if you will. I thought we could start small with something that 99% of us could get with. YES I do think and I KNOW that the 18 day is not helping. We are at a tipping point in the last month or so that I think now is the time to start the bid off the 18 day.

The union is in a tight place due to us being in-house and does not want to piss$$$ out the door on things they don't have to so they will never say not to extend or to get off the 18 day. They will also say it makes no impact on things. They and we know different.

Why is it that when we were asked to do LOA and 6&8 and 5&9 did that make a difference to Nja and RTS but now it does not? Funny math?

LOAs are not happening, people are being asked to extend and the days of airline only on your first and last are over. Not due to better scheduled trips or people in cmh sorry....

Sell offs in the summer, guys working like 06.

The tipping point is NOW

Look for some numbers out soon, I think we have come last qr and will pass 11 this one.

Fly the contract and talk to your brothers and sisters out there

I will save everyone the time to look and for those of you who are involved in this conversation who are not nja. In the month of Aug alone there were 98 extended days issued. That is shameful in my opinion with guys on furlough and don't tell me that number is going down come the busy season and don't tell me that 98 days does not affect selloff numbers that ultimately affects recalls. By the way that number is a company published number not a guess or estimate on anyones part.

No, the union does not support this. But they can't tell someone they can't do something clearly authorized in the existing CBA. It would be interesting to know how many were large cabin a/c.

Wankel, how does one execute a search on an Excell spread sheet? Honest question.

They don't have to say "don't do this". They could very simply remind the active pilots that we still have over 400 "brothers" on the street. Extend if you must, but be mindful that over 400 pilots are "standing by". Maybe include a note about how much money the company is saving per day,week, month, while the active guys are humping like never before. I don't think this would be illegal....

No, the union does not support this. But they can't tell someone they can't do something clearly authorized in the existing CBA. It would be interesting to know how many were large cabin a/c.

Wankel, how does one execute a search on an Excell spread sheet? Honest question.

Utilize the "Find and Replace" feature. It is nice because it will actually count the number it has to replace.

Just as a point of concern....posting the number of extended days...is that ok?

I can't speak for the union but they can not say anything one way or the other on extended days or on the 18 day.

There are a few reasons why but a lawyer is involved with the answer to that.

As I said before, RTS said it was a matter of pilot days. The more pilot days the less pilots needed.
Thus extending and the 18 day = fewer of the 495 needed back.

I'm sure someone could figure out how many days the 18 day + the 98 extended = out to be.

So if 10% of the guys on the 18 day started to bid off now(the limit as I recall) at what point do we hit the 40% min?

I know one of you smart guys can figure this out(pervis or dc)

Just from my moles in cmh I know we are close to this being the braking point

Get off the 18 day

Latest resources

Back