Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ghostrider
I think you bring up alot of valid points. However the thought that this will only divide and cause strife within the group is wrong. That was done along time ago. I will also argue that that the division is not with the active line guys and the furloughed guys, not at all. Its with the union. If you want me to send you via PM all the crap that the union has done to us over the last 4 years I will be happy to. I will not post it in open forum because that would be in bad taste and I will not do that even to NJASAP. However if your an active line pilot like I think you are I am more than happy to let you know. The more active line pilots that know what is going on with the union and the furloughed the better. It will not make you happy though I will warn you right now, that your union is treating the so called brothers like they are.

I applaud your restraint from taking all union misbehavior public. Although they have left the furloughed group no other means with which to communicate. It is scary how badly they have behaved under the presumption that nobody was watching....

Ca1900
Yes and No, The company only has to let 10% of the pilots off the 18 day per bid period. So you can see how they could drag that out for pretty much forever.

It means that if you have 100 guys on the sched then they can enforce that clause and only let 10 guys off. Then the next bid period there are 90 guys on it and now they contractually can just let 9 guys off ect. ect. ect.

They sell the trips to approved vendors if they cant get the pilots to extend.

98 extended days in one month! And the union supports this?
When did they stop working for us?

This won't be popular, but something to consider...

They didn't stop working for you, but they also work for the guys extending and on the 18 day. Most guys don't want to extend or work the 18 day, so it's easy to say don't extend or work the 18 day schedule. If a guy was working the 18 day before the furlough, you're asking him to give something up. What are the 7 and 7 guys giving up? If everyone in the union gave up 10 percent of their pay, the problem would be solved. The union could pay the furloughed guys to just stay home, but that won't ever happen. It's much easier to ask someone else, especially those in the minority, to give something up. By the way, if everyone worked their normal schedule and extended only when they wanted to, the company would be right sized if all of the trips were covered. You're trying to force a recall and scheduling inefficiency by asking pilots to give up something they are entitled to, and if that weren't enough, you're overtly indignant about it. I'm not sure that attitude is helping your cause.

OK, ready for incoming...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back