Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stop extending

Since I have two threads to choose from....I like this one better.

I will second this....

Current Netjets pilots please stop taking extended days. There are guys and gals on the street. Lets just try it for say three months....and see what the results are?

You can't say this!! Are you trying to get the union sued? This is a job action!!! It's their contractual right!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

+1

I'm NOT speaking on behalf of the union, just as a furloughee who would love to come back to Netjets.
I fear, however, that most of those taking extended days are the same pilots that have forgetten that there actually are furloughed pilots.
But it would be an interesting "experiment" wouldn't it? to see what would happen if all the guys & girls there "just said no"...

About time someone started this thread. Congrats to billybob for having the balls and shame on the rest of us for not.

It's pretty simple; picking up extended days while there are pilots on furlough is the same as picking up open time. It is the furthest thing from showing solidarity that I can think of at NetJets.

The Union is afraid to say it because they feel it could be perceived as an illegal job action. Last time I checked it was an NJ pilot's contractural right to turn down an extended day request. I did it twice myself. My family and free time were more important to me than more $.

Also they want us to believe that it in no way impacts recalls directly. What they don't understand is that was never really the only facet of the issue. It's the principal that there are those that would eagerly stand to profit off of someone else's loss, under the guise of "helping" the company.

People like msculley will have you believe that staffing is not the issue, all the while pushing extended day requests out to pilots who are all too willing. I don't buy it.

The furloughed pilots have stayed quiet about it long enough. Thanks billybob for having the guts to say something first.

+1. Ya I run into a bunch of NetJets guys/gals on the road and when I tell them I'm furloughed most of them are compassionate and wish the best for me. But some Captains either don't realize NetJets still has furloughees or just don't give a rats ass. Im sure these are the majority of guys extending. I always make sure to talk to the crews I see out on the road to remind them of us furloughees. At my past carrier, at the end of the weekly union message, they would always mention how many guys/gals were on furlough. Haven't seen this out of our union yet.

Thanks for the kind words,

You have 10/250

Let's start with Just Say NO!

Help "US" all out
Remember "US" the guys on the street. Some of the best Nja ever found. Remember US the other fractional pilots out there looking for better wages CS Flex FO to name a few. All of us are together in this. We sink or swim together.

We need to stop fighting each other and Just Say NO.
No to crappy Pay
No to your crap work rules
No to open time and extended days
No to 5% over 5 years

No to our brothers that say it does not make a difference

I'm not sorry, I'm pissed and I have been silent tooooo long and so have you. Things are coming back and it's not Everyman for himself. WE are ONE not Nja/nji. WE are pilots of Netjets and right now is when this BULLSH!T STOPS.

The union can't do it but I can and you can. Call out every guy you see at an fbo and tell them to say NO.

I am the 495 and I will not stop

Just say NO! If you don't have the stones to tell them just ignore the email. Was asked to extend for the Poker Run as a crew. It was easy as we politely said NO. As an aside they flew me there on day 6/6 anyway and couldn't get me home to the east coast! $$$$, oh and didn't get me home before noon the next either :)

Do we have the info on how many are extending? I haven't heard of anyone on my fleet that is doing it, and the crew room talk most guys are adamant about not doing it. Just wondering if this is a rumor (I'm sure guys are picking up days but not en masse) or I'm just not seeing it/out of touch with other fleets?

Latest resources

Back