• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is NetJets a job you want to come back to? I see a lot of SIC's are looking for a job outside of NetJets. There aren't any upgrades in sight and your pay is capped after 7 years. (I think)

Most of the furloughed pilots I talk to have found better jobs and won't be coming back.

I'd focus my energy on a major airline opportunity.

Flex--
my energy is focused on the two jobs I have that together come up about $10K short of what I made when I was at Netjets... I'd go back in a heartbeat as long as it pays more than what I make now, because these last few years have wreaked havoc on our financial situation. Most of the furloughed guys and girls I know are in the same boat as I am... getting by, but not better off. Some are worse off.
I'm 53, I made the move to NJets in '08 when I was 48. It was going to be my retirement job, and I know that there are a bunch of us 495ers in the same boat. I have all my apps in at anyone who's hiring, but I'm not holding my breath that the phone will ring from any airline, either major, national or regional. It's pretty obvious from my resume and total time that I'm an old guy. The 121 time I have is not glass, so I can't check that box on any of the apps I fill out.
I've worn the captain hat plenty in my life, so I'm ok with being in the right seat. All I ask is for decent QOL and compensation, and compared to what I have right now, Netjets is WAY better, even in it's current state.
That said, I wish all my brothers well, and hope that those still working will consider what they can do to hasten our return.
Now I have to go deliver pizza... (I'm not kidding, it's my 3rd job)

I know what this will bring on me, but if you're relying on mathematics to bolster your cause, your wrong.

A few extended days here and there don't save the day, for the company. Those on the 18 day are working an additional 3 days per month. That's where the numbers really lie. However it's their contractual right, to bid and work that schedule.

I for one won't get on the "calling out the extenders BS" until you've made a call to every pilot on the 18 day......

BTw a I don't think there are that many extended days being offered. I've not been asked to extend since 2006.....

Fire away, let's get the attitudes of everyone at NJA so crappy, that no one will hire from our pool of pilots. Yeah that's the ticket.....in unity we can all go down in flames...LOL

I agree with many of your points although I think the extended day requests vary wildly by fleet.

I have been asked to extend a tour exactly once in the past two years. And I was in Europe at the time. And I said "tempting, but, NO." And I'm in Europe now and I smell another extension request coming. The answer will be the same.

In recurrent now. IMO no way will there be recalls until they are forced to by the sell off ex exceedence

Up until now extended days or 18 days would not have caused an exceedence. But now maybe ? The past is behind is and none of it would have made a difference. It's a new ball game since Oct1.

Play Ball!

Billybob, not sure where you are getting your information, but I don't know a single person who has extended since the furlough. (I'm also in one of the busiest fleets and have a very wide circle of acquaintances.)

They are working us to death as it is, I can't imagine any sane person volunteering for more...

I do however, know for a fact a few key management personnel who haven't touched an airplane in years, are now flying the line in addition to their "desk jobs." Perhaps this is the group doing most of the alleged extending??

The only times I have been asked to extend is when scheduling knows they have a problem getting me home before midnight. Only a fool would take that bait.

Billybob, not sure where you are getting your information, but I don't know a single person who has extended since the furlough. (I'm also in one of the busiest fleets and have a very wide circle of acquaintances.)

They are working us to death as it is, I can't imagine any sane person volunteering for more...

I do however, know for a fact a few key management personnel who haven't touched an airplane in years, are now flying the line in addition to their "desk jobs." Perhaps this is the group doing most of the alleged extending??

I know what this will bring on me, but if you're relying on mathematics to bolster your cause, your wrong.

A few extended days here and there don't save the day, for the company. Those on the 18 day are working an additional 3 days per month. That's where the numbers really lie. However it's their contractual right, to bid and work that schedule.

I for one won't get on the "calling out the extenders BS" until you've made a call to every pilot on the 18 day......

BTw a I don't think there are that many extended days being offered. I've not been asked to extend since 2006.....

Fire away, let's get the attitudes of everyone at NJA so crappy, that no one will hire from our pool of pilots. Yeah that's the ticket.....in unity we can all go down in flames...LOL

Extensions are being taking. The information is there for you to access. Just because you are not accessing the data to see for yourself does not mean it isn't happening.

That is a very good point about the 18 day schedule. That is a bigger demon than extending. Say 500 pilots on the 18 day? 1500 extra days a month to the company....that is huge.

If I ever get recalled I will be on the 7/7 and not extend until everybody has been recalled that wants it. In fact I look forward to it.

Last edited:
Extensions are being taking. The information is there for you to access. Just because you are not accessing the data to see for yourself does not mean it isn't happening....

Fair enough, I'll keep searching. Of course, since they redesigned the Crew Ops website I can't find a single useful piece of information anymore. (not a fan of Jetstream) :banghead:

On the NJASAP web site, visit the Scheduling Committee and on the front page you'll see a link to Duty Summaries. Most recent is for August. The days marked with a * are extended days. I'm told a report will be forth coming-for educational purposes only.

It's not the pilots extending. The FA's are to no end. I've spoken to several about the effect on CBA progress and got the deer in the headlights look. Their leadership and crew mates need to educate them.

Latest resources

Back