• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Stop extending Nja brothers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't like what I have to say, don't bring my name into the conversaion. I have zero influence over offering extended days to crews other than. FAs.

A hypothetical: say a G crew has the SIC dnif in Paris. meanwhile thereis another crewmember heading home from there by airline. You're saying it's better to ferry across the atlantic to recover the trip a day late than for the pilot just airlining home to accept an extended day if offered? No one like toseeyou guys onfurlough, but losing owners will not speed up recalls.

Your "name" was brought into the conversation because on a previous thread you stated that you didn't think the issues in scheduling were related to staffing issues. Yet we constantly hear that there are a lot of extended days being offered and picked up, which means that there IS a staffing issue and that your department is alleviating it by offering extended days en masse and the active pilots are capitalizing on that opportunity at the expense of the furloughed pilots.

If you don't want your "name" brought into a thread on FI, then don't post here.

From what I've heard they run a program that is supposed to maximize a crews utilization. If that's true it isn't a scheduler sticking to crews it's a program Netjets wrote. I also understand that it will have a crew member commute 3 legs if means they can get 15 minutes more duty out of you. I've heard of guys taking a PTO then getting offered to work that PTO for extended pay. This is what you get when you have a lawyer without a clue reading spread sheets. All the while the furloughed guys are risking everything working for 134.5 sh*t bag companies.
Don't extend, don't bid the 18 day. This has to stop.

Without having the Njasap name on it. What can a few guys that support this idea do? I would lend my time to help any cause that gets me and the other 495 back.

A union within the union if you will

Any takers?

The problem with that is NJASAP would shut you down immediately. They seem to be really good at providing "case law", NLRB, railway act, and any other source of info that allows them support company positions and take shots at the furloughed group.

I really don't see anybody (company or union) falling in favor of the furloughed group. They simply don't have anything to gain from it. They are both self serving entities to the extreme.

Our only real chance of righting this wrong is to communicate with the pilot group about the negative affects of extending. On occasion extending is the best option, but for the most part it shouldn't be tolerated. Period.

Don't extend.
Don't bid 18 day.

Is NetJets a job you want to come back to? I see a lot of SIC's are looking for a job outside of NetJets. There aren't any upgrades in sight and your pay is capped after 7 years. (I think)

Most of the furloughed pilots I talk to have found better jobs and won't be coming back.

I'd focus my energy on a major airline opportunity.

This guy has the right idea. If you are somewhere worse, and cant stand it, then hopefully you make it back. At this point you will come back to a terminal sic position.

The next couple of years will probably be good, for movement into better airline jobs.

The problem with that is NJASAP would shut you down immediately. They seem to be really good at providing "case law", NLRB, railway act, and any other source of info that allows them support company positions and take shots at the furloughed group.

I really don't see anybody (company or union) falling in favor of the furloughed group. They simply don't have anything to gain from it. They are both self serving entities to the extreme.

Our only real chance of righting this wrong is to communicate with the pilot group about the negative affects of extending. On occasion extending is the best option, but for the most part it shouldn't be tolerated. Period.

Don't extend.
Don't bid 18 day.

Xcorp

I bet your correct. Sucks but your right.

Fly the contract, fly safe, don't fly sick,tired or broke

We know the email format. Could we as individuals send emails to active pilots letting them know the 495 are still here and would love to come back? It would not involve the union at all. I am at least going to Facebook message my NJ friends and politely remind them of our situation

Friends can tell friends whatever you like, as it has been said a lack organization with this is key. Not that anyone has said anything but

Fly safe fly the contract,

Don't fly sick,sleepy or broke. Don't help them out. Do the min for the company but the best for the owner.

I know what this will bring on me, but if you're relying on mathematics to bolster your cause, your wrong.

A few extended days here and there don't save the day, for the company. Those on the 18 day are working an additional 3 days per month. That's where the numbers really lie. However it's their contractual right, to bid and work that schedule.

I for one won't get on the "calling out the extenders BS" until you've made a call to every pilot on the 18 day......

BTw a I don't think there are that many extended days being offered. I've not been asked to extend since 2006.....

Fire away, let's get the attitudes of everyone at NJA so crappy, that no one will hire from our pool of pilots. Yeah that's the ticket.....in unity we can all go down in flames...LOL

I know what this will bring on me, but if you're relying on mathematics to bolster your cause, your wrong.

A few extended days here and there don't save the day, for the company. Those on the 18 day are working an additional 3 days per month. That's where the numbers really lie. However it's their contractual right, to bid and work that schedule.

I for one won't get on the "calling out the extenders BS" until you've made a call to every pilot on the 18 day......

BTw a I don't think there are that many extended days being offered. I've not been asked to extend since 2006.....

Fire away, let's get the attitudes of everyone at NJA so crappy, that no one will hire from our pool of pilots. Yeah that's the ticket.....in unity we can all go down in flames...LOL

The only times I have been asked to extend is when scheduling knows they have a problem getting me home before midnight. Only a fool would take that bait.

Latest resources

Back