• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NO voters will win this! Too many of us out there now, they screwed over the biggest group of voters, FO's on 1-5 year pay. Plus with all the downgrades of Captains due to contract efficiencies, those 40 at the bottom will vote NO too! Thats way over half the pilot group at this point, I say lets make it a 98% NO vote and show some unity!

Just look at 4 year captain pay....it is 35/hr less than jetblue...so if they grow in the next couple of years you will be making 27 percent less than a jetblue pilot....i can't believe this....even jblu's e-190's rate will be 21 dollars more than nks....this is the biggest f-up i've seen. I am in total disgust and awe at ALPA. I apologize to all my peers...We tried, but our union failed us....We had the leverage and couldn't close the deal....vote no if you have any self respect.....

The NO voters will win this! Too many of us out there now, they screwed over the biggest group of voters, FO's on 1-5 year pay. Plus with all the downgrades of Captains due to contract efficiencies, those 40 at the bottom will vote NO too! Thats way over half the pilot group at this point, I say lets make it a 98% NO vote and show some unity!

Hey Herb are you upset they'll take away your LOA?

Photo Op for their magazine to cover up the Tim Martins blunder. Air time on the news....other than that, not much.

Quite true. ALPA sold each and every one of you out. It is all about dues for ALPA, nothing more. Effective representation takes a back seat to keep their revenue stream intact.

Pay rates shouldn't be the sole focus, but........

A quick comparison of apples to apples rates (DOS vs OAL current rates) shows in general this TA still leaves you guys behind everybody else. Your company made $100,000,000+ last year. This is their first real offer. If it were me I'd pass and see what the next offer looks like. Even adding $10 an hour to the proposed rates only amounts to $5M. That still leaves them $95,000,000 in profit. They can afford it and they're not going to shut the doors because of 5% less profit year over year. YMMV

Last edited:
That still leaves them $95,000,000 in profit. They can afford it and they're not going to shut the doors because of 5% less profit year over year. YMMV
If this is true about their profits, not saying it's not. Then you need big pay increases.
If they can't afford to pay employees, then they need to shut the doors.

Just listened to the union phone call

According to the ALPA lawyer, the NMB member (Linda Puchala) was the person who helped put this deal together and gave each party what she considered a fair contract. Linda is a previous Union president and was one of the members on the NMB who voted to release Spirit into self help. She is currently labor friendly. http://www.nmb.gov/directory/dirboard.html

Even though we are in self help, it would only take one phone call from Linda to convince Obama to establish a Presidential Emergency Board which would stop us from striking (she was appointed by Obama). If we vote this TA down, it is possible we would be stopped from going on strike a second time. According to the ALPA lawyer, we might end up fighting for our contract in a court and it is possible a court would give us a worse contract due to the costs the company incurred from us going on strike.

In my opinion, ALPA national wants us to vote yes for this contract because they consider it a fair contract and it met all of their goals. More importantly, ALPA national doesn't want to lose favor with the NMB to release other ALPA airlines into self-help in the near future.

Latest resources

Back