Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just listened to the union phone call

According to the ALPA lawyer, the NMB member (Linda Puchala) was the person who helped put this deal together and gave each party what she considered a fair contract. Linda is a previous Union president and was one of the members on the NMB who voted to release Spirit into self help. She is currently labor friendly. http://www.nmb.gov/directory/dirboard.html

Even though we are in self help, it would only take one phone call from Linda to convince Obama to establish a Presidential Emergency Board which would stop us from striking (she was appointed by Obama). If we vote this TA down, it is possible we would be stopped from going on strike a second time. According to the ALPA lawyer, we might end up fighting for our contract in a court and it is possible a court would give us a worse contract due to the costs the company incurred from us going on strike.

In my opinion, ALPA national wants us to vote yes for this contract because they consider it a fair contract and it met all of their goals. More importantly, ALPA national doesn't want to lose favor with the NMB to release other ALPA airlines into self-help in the near future.

It is simple - if YOU think it is a fair TA vote for it.............if not don't. Spirit pilots control Spirit ALPA issues. If the pilots were worried about ifs then you would not of struck in the first place. Ben and and his pals could have shut the doors for good.

That didn't happen so......

At Zantop they got a union in by one vote. There 67 happy pilots and 66 unhappy pilots, a year later we were out of business and had 150 unhappy pilots. Majority rules, not happiness

If Spirit can't treat their employees decently and pay them a fair wage then they shouldn't exist. Ask big Ben if he is fairly compensated. Who decides what fair is......well that is simple. Spirit employees. If they vote the TA in then the majority is satisfied. If not then time will tell. Good luck either way.

What kind of stock option plan did you guys get in the TA?

Hey bottomfeeder, Spirit is privately held. It's possible they might have a phantom-stock program set up that provides for 'phantom stock options'. However, those are non-conventional programs, and differ slightly from stock-option grants from companies who's stock is traded publicly.

Ultra

Hey bottomfeeder, Spirit is privately held. It's possible they might have a phantom-stock program set up that provides for 'phantom stock options'. However, those are non-conventional programs, and differ slightly from stock-option grants from companies who's stock is traded publicly.

Ultra

Yes, I understand that, but when they go public later this year, do you all have an option set up?

Yes, I understand that, but when they go public later this year, do you all have an option set up?

It doesn't work that way. I mean, you can't grant an option to purchase a share of stock for a stock that does not yet exist. Since the grant award must contain a strike-price as well as a vesting schedule.

Now, you could attempt to convince the company to agree to 'award X number of shares of stock' to an employee at the time the company goes public, but that's about it.

Good luck with that one!

I will vote no! Pilots get 15% across the board pay increases from this TA and 10% of any IPO to be divided up by longevity. No healthcare increases, and lock in the scope! Then I will vote yes. Oh yea, retro!!

Anything in there about 3-5% raise after the contract is admenable? To encourage them to settle the next contract? These companies are getting 10 years or more out of one contract. Needs to be something stating in the event the next contract is not signed into effect by 12 months after the admendable date then the pilots automatically get a 3-5% pay increase every year, until settled.??????

The retro was a joke....150% lose of open time, with the pay raise, you getting the same money you get now?????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back