• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone who votes YES for this TA is a SERIOUS LOSER. Bottom line: it sucks dudes... Living in FL ain't cheap. Tell Baldanza to shove it!

I would love to get this thing done, we are all tired and worn out from this process. MEC even more so....That being said I am sorry to report that its going to be a big fat f"n NO!for me. Made up my mind about 10 mins ago. Went back and forth since this thing was released but I just can't do it.....I mean why is Health Insurance rates, copay's etc even in this thing. Does any other pilot group have this in theirs? It looks like a way for us to give money back and that is all.

I would have to vote no on the scope clause alone. Someone brought it to my attention that it is written very poorly. The company can dry lease our airplanes out and than enter into a code share or pro rate agreement. There is no seat limit so those A330's they had the option for can go right to another carrier like Air Lingus. We will end up just like Midwest, they had a code share with Republic. Pay rates won't matter at that point.

Thanks, for the "we suck" speech, and for your unwavering support.
Take a breath, brother...Nobody said that you suck or we don't support Spirit. I said that if you have complaints/issues, they are with the elected members of YOUR pilot group, not ALPA.

People love to bash ALPA because they feel wronged by their local representation, and it just gets old.

Of the United States? No.

Of the HOA? Yes, my assessment last year went to fix the pot holes.

Well put. ALPA is the United States, your MEC is your HOA.
Best of luck.

I would love to get this thing done, we are all tired and worn out from this process. MEC even more so....That being said I am sorry to report that its going to be a big fat f"n NO!for me. Made up my mind about 10 mins ago. Went back and forth since this thing was released but I just can't do it.....I mean why is Health Insurance rates, copay's etc even in this thing. Does any other pilot group have this in theirs? It looks like a way for us to give money back and that is all.
Yes lots of contract contain co-pays etc. It is a good thing!

Good thing maybe, but this part scares me...any lawyer types out there can explain this one, since my union hasn't

Effective January 1, 2011, and each January 1​
st thereafter, pilot monthly medical/dental
insurance contribution rates may be subject to an annual increase equal to the lesser of:

1) the company-projected increase in the cost of the plan, and 2) seven percent (7%).

wish it said OR 7 percent

That's exactly what it means. It's the "lessor of" two things, so "and" works just fine. The end result is that your insurance can't go up by more than 7% per year, which is excellent, since the company's costs are likely going up by 20%.

Latest resources

Back